Need help setting up a website

• assneck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: seattle, wa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

I'm looking for someone to help a friend of mine set up a website. Basically she wants to set up an auction website for buying and selling horses and equipment. I will copy her email here so maybe you can get a more clear idea of what she wants. If anyone can help me find these scripts to do what she wants please let me know.

"I would like to start up on my own and start charging for photo ads. I set up a domain name today with godaddy.com per Adam's suggestion. I registered http://www.morgansforsalewanted.com it said it would be set up the next business day. I also registered for a WA state business license today and will be meeting with a CPA next week. Right now what I need is to have you give me a quote on what I'd like it to look like. I don't know HTML language so the easier this is for me to maintain or to have someone else maintain it, the better. I'd like it to have a search capability for state, discipline (i.e. english, dressage, western etc.) price range and bloodline name. I'd like it if they could enter their own data and photo and it would post to the site without me having to do much, if anything, to it. I'd like to have a legal page that would state privacy policy, photo copyright policy etc. I'd also like it to have the capability to notify ad listers as to when their ads are expiring and offer them a chance to renew. Also, some way to collect e-mails for a monthly mailing to notify them of changes to the website and other updates without me having to e-mail each person on my 1,500, and climbing, monthly newsletter list individually. I'd like to set it up so paypal handles all the transactions for money. Photo ads will be charged for but text ads will remain free. I'd like it set up with sections for wanted ads, tack ads, events & misc. ads, links page, and stud service ads. My friend and I currently have our site listed with several search engines so I'll need to make sure they are all updated as well. Lastly, I'd like a counter to tell me how many hits I've gotten. I think that's it. If you look at http://www.dreamhorse.com it will show you what I'm looking for - I just don't want nearly as much detail as they have. I'm only dealing with one horse breed here - not all of them."

That should show you what kind of scripts this site will need pretty much.

Thanks for any help,
assneck
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think i may have your exact solution. i just finished working on an auction script that does everything that you have described above. it is written in perl and i was originally going to sell it on ebay but havent done anytnhing with it. have a look at the sample site i have set up for demo purposes and let me know if you think that is what she is looking for. feel free to make fake auctions to test it out etc etc... no one is currently using it so it wont harm anything.. this obviously can be customized and taylored to meet her needs to her exacting needs. heres the url for the test site that i have set up

http://auction.ferrisdesign.net/
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

By The Way,

if she is looking for a webmaster/designer for her site. i provide a hosting solution for her domain name, as well as the design and implimentation for her site. after that i would be able to maintain her site regularly thereafter. i can handle her needs in html. perl, cgi, java, flash, and much more.

so if she needs my services or has any questions please feel free to have her email me at brentferris@nospam.usa.net (remove the "nospam." then email)
  • assneck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: seattle, wa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Gadget Guru,

You got mail
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago