Need help with installing phpBB 2

• Monkey_Farts
  • Born
  • Born
  • Monkey_Farts

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. I currently have a forum - a lousy forum - for my website (http://www.easytosay.tk) and I want to get phpBB 2 set up for it so I can have a much nicer, custom forum. However, once I get all the files uploaded and I go to mydomain.com/forums/install/install.php, instead of getting the form that I should be I'm getting a bunch of HTML coding. Did I miss a step or a file? Thanks
  • Alan2
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

First thing...

Does your server support Php, by the sounds of it.. your server does not support Php. As you got the same thing i did when I first uploaded a forums to my Tiscali Webspace. :(

I have a local forum system on my computer using the phpBB forum system. You require the Php Translator running in order to show the forums.

What is your current Forum system written in? eg. html, asp.net, etc....

ah, a quick look tells me cgi... etc.

I have only set-up 3 forums so far... :D

One on my computer, One on the "50Free.com" free webspace and one on Someone from this forums own webspace. :D

If she wants to post about it she can :)

Right, how have you uploaded the forums, have you checked that your server supports Php, do you have Sql or another database sytem supported on your server? have you posted a Question on the PhpBB support forums?

please follow their reporting system and checks :)

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=19745

this will help them solve your problems faster :)
  • Monkey_Farts
  • Born
  • Born
  • Monkey_Farts

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks.

I posted on the phpbb forums just after this one and found out that the webhost that I used doesn't support php :( and yes it's cgi
I'll take a look at the 50free.com place. Thanks for your help :D

EDIT: bah the 50free.com signups are closed. Know of any other places that I can host a forum for free? thx

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts