Need some portfolio junk

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm coming up on my last months in college, and am completely dissatisfied with how untailored my programs have been. I'll be graduating with degrees in graphic design, cis, and web development. My issue is this, there is no web design in CIS or web development, nor is there any web design in the graphic design degree - just print work.

So at this point, I have a crap ton of posters, brochures, logos, and business cards in my portfolio. I have NO web design pieces to show off. Would really appreciate it if someone, or even a few people, would like to pretend to be my client for a few weeks. Come up with a fake business idea, name, product, etc. and go through what you would like for a website. This will let me design and code a few good looking sites so I have something to show for my degrees when I go out into the real world. Anyone up for the challenge?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you seeking a paying gig or just some practice? If you'd like you can do the website got the school I work in but I probably won't be able to pay you.

I can just imagine how many people are shaking their heads and cringing in disapproval about saying "hey come do my website for free!" right now.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, honestly I'm not looking for anything pay. Just some projects I can get done before the school year is over.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do they actually have to be live working sites? Couldn't you just build whatever you want in your free time and put it in your portfolio?

My step-dad has mentioned wanting his website redone, I don't have the time to do it so I could put you in contact with him. He has a wedding photography business.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

They don't have to be live. It would be nice if they were though. I'm not so creative in the business aspect, just a graphic design and web design aspect. Not so great at coming up with random ideas for company names and the like.

A photography site sounds fun, send me a pm and we'll talk about it.

kc0tma, I'm also interested in the school website. If it's something you're serious about, pm me and we'll talk details.

Anyone else have an idea? I'd like to have about 3 or 4 of these.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually my step-dad just shut the site down. Wish i could have helped.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts