I am neurotic...

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

guys, check out http://www.iamneurotic.com.
and you thought you were nuts....
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, my. Joebert's going to love this one.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attachments:
load-of-me.jpg
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

They've got some interesting people there.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha, that's excellent ... Thanks C.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know it's a bit funny. I have some myself.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it rules. Some have got to be made up, but a bunch of them I can totally sympathise with...

I think we're all a little OCD deep down inside.........
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah a little ... I like it when the toilet paper rolls towards me (from the top) ...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
yeah a little ... I like it when the toilet paper rolls towards me (from the top) ...

That's not neurotic at ALL. That's the way the roll is SUPPOSED to be. One of my old roommates used to always put it the other way and it drove me NUTS.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I prefer it that way also, however I have to put it the other way -- otherwise it becomes a play toy for my cat. I've lost entire rolls of toilet paper doing it the "right way".
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I prefer it that way also, however I have to put it the other way -- otherwise it becomes a play toy for my cat. I've lost entire rolls of toilet paper doing it the "right way".

That's a tough one:
doing it the right way and losing (your roll)
doing it the wrong way and losing (your pride)
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mine is wiping my mobile phone and wallets. Ah, I don't know why I must have 2 wallets when i go out. Don't ask me what I put inside.

I cleaned and wiped all of it each time I got back home 'Before' I entered my room. I think I'm quite serioous. Can it be cured?

My sister said you're crazy when once I wiped a piece of paper befor egoing into my room..

I think it carries germs INTO my bedroom.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Realizing is the first step I hope.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guess so George,

Now go do something about it..ahahahahaha
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great link Celandine!
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess my neurotic thing is socks. I have more pairs of socks than is necessary. I like walking around barefoot, but I don't like wearing shoes without socks. I just don't like running out of clean socks, it drives me nuts.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It drives me nuts to see horizontal blinds sitting on the window sill, I always feel a need to "correct" them so that they hang freely about an inch above the sill no matter whos' house it is. :D
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
I guess my neurotic thing is socks. I have more pairs of socks than is necessary. I like walking around barefoot, but I don't like wearing shoes without socks. I just don't like running out of clean socks, it drives me nuts.

I have 60+ pairs of socks.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you know that if most smokers were to quit, they could wear a brand new pair of socks every day with the money they saved on cigerettes ? :D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
It drives me nuts to see horizontal blinds sitting on the window sill, I always feel a need to "correct" them so that they hang freely about an inch above the sill no matter whos' house it is. :D

That irritates me just as much ... or when one of the blinds are skew in proportion to the others ... I always feel the need to "correct" that ...
  • Divinyl
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Sydney, Ozland.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some pretty funny things to be read there.

I have a few, but I am not saying what haha.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Divinyl wrote:
Some pretty funny things to be read there.

I have a few, but I am not saying what haha.

Oh come on ... we're all friends here ...
  • Divinyl
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Sydney, Ozland.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha right.....

Well the first one is, I am a total psycho maniac if I am somewhere and I don't have a map (street directory) even if I don't use it to find where I am, if I don't have one in my car at all times, I think I am gonna get lost and somehow never find my way home! I've had several panic attacks cos of that!

The second one is, which I actually read on that site. If I pet a dog, I have to wash my hands STRAIGHT away, I think if I touch something with dog hands, I am gonna get sick with some really messed up disease.

Hahahahaha! Yes I am neurotic. But I think everyone is about SOMETHING!
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

neurotic?

Course we are, if there is something we don't like/.fear that makes us neurotc.

Mine is sticky, I can't stand sticky anything more so if my hands are sticky from chocs etc I must run for the face cloth or a baby wipe...yea lolol I still use baby wipes, but they must be soft not rough.

Ooooh and wallpaper paste I could sick up when that stuff touches me. I can't even wipe it off a paste table.

Quaker Oats remind me sadly of my childhood when food was a bit tight with six kids. Mum would make my sis's porridge thick so a spoon would stand up in it...blup...mine had to be like you were pouring milk. Oh and the worse dad like tripe and trotters with chips..argeeeeeeeeeeee..bless his soul.

Oh before I forget a time when dad used to make all of us swallow Scotts Emulsion.....noooooooooooooooooo please dad....he would hold our nose till we swallow the white stuff. Its said it kept colds and flu at bay.

And the dark. Now at bed-time I am very, extremely neurotic, always have been scared of dark since I was gripping my mum's apron. I followed mum everywhere and I would'nt let her go. I am also scared of lifts, closed doors. I once got locked in a very small bathroom at home as a small child and I am now a chronic claustraphobic.

I often tell people you know, mind how you bring up that child, take care you have nothing to scare him/her with. Experiences as a child follow you into adulthood .
:mrgreen:
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Neurotic is easier to cure comparing with psychotic. I once read this book saying neurotic individual often 'realize' their unusual behaviour and are more receptive to consultation...
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
I think we're all a little OCD deep down inside.........

There is a difference between OCD and being neurotic. OCD is where someone is doing something not through choice but through the need to do something to feel comfortable. Being neurotic is more people being a bit more superstitious about something or afraid to do something (therefore having more of a choice).

As for me? well i can't seem to use the toilet on aircraft or in public places. The only time i've ever managed to use the toilet on a plane was once on my way back from Australia. All in all i was flying about 24 hours each way to Oz and back and eventually after really bursting i just had to use the toilet. Before i'd go in and after about 5 minutes really needing the toilet i've just left resigned to not going. I think this is all because i'm aware someone might be watching (in public) or people are waiting (on aircraft).

In regards to OCD? i tend to stretch so many times just to feel comfortable but not because i need to. So if i stretch a bit once i have to do it 5-6 times more until i feel more comfortable. When i have the hand on the mouse i also click the button when i'm not actually needing to, so i'll move the mouse to an area that isn't a link or whatever and just click about 5-6 times for no reason. It's annoying, but you just can't help it.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Michael J Fox played a really good role in Scrubs when he played a doctor with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). I'd strongly advise everyone to watch these two episodes as it sort of showed you how hard it was to have OCD.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

my favourite film involving OCD is definitely 'As Good as It Gets' with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt. Not just about OCD, it's just a brilliant film all around.

Yeah I don't know what mine are... I don't know if I have any proper neurotic compulsions. I sympathised strongly with the one listed on the site, where the person said they felt bad if they saw somebody abusing toys, feeling they were in pain. I get that in a major way, I feel compassion for everything. Toys definitely, but even sillier things - my husband and I once started playing with these two sandwiches he was making for his dinner, giving them names and characters... at the end I almost wouldn't let him eat them. ('You can't eat Nicholas and John!! You just can't!!') He was on the verge of making a new set of sandwiches when I pulled myself together and realised they won't have much of a life if he doesn't eat them. Not like they can go out and rent an apartment for themselves, you know...

anyhow that was a long time ago. Now I'm mostly protective of my plush toys (I've got a whole collection, mostly sea life. whales, rays, sharks, that kind of thing).

another thing that might be psychosomatic with me is that sometimes I feel this strange tension in my fingers, it really drives me wild. It's like I can't stand them to be there, or to have one finger touching another, or any other part of my body - like they're sticky or something, even though they're not, and washing them doesn't help. I get that way when i'm stressed out about something. not too often thankfully, cuz it's a really messed-up feeling. it feels like being crazy.....

heh heh anyways glad to see everyone sharing their nervous tics and OCD symptoms..... helps get to know people :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It really gets on my nerves when the teachers leaves a spot on the chalk/whiteboard. Just as bad as nails on the chalkboard. If I stare at it I feel the great urge to stand up and erase it, but I refrain myself but my nerves really give bad feelings :lol: . But if I don't look at the spot I feel even worse so most of the time if that happens and if you look at me, I'm probably staring at the missed spot :lol:

Another thing is, that if I see something that is not where it's ment to be (Like a pencil on the table near the pencil holder) I usually put it back. If I don't I feel like it was me littering up that table :lol:

Another thing I hate is the sticky hands. They really drive me up the walls... if I'm not near water I look urgently like I'm on fire... I really hate sticky hands.

Another thing is that I have to do everything in pattern. So if I start clicking randomly or just stepping... stepping in patterns usually starts on squared floors (like tiled floors) I usually step like a Horse would in a game of chess :lol: ) And oh boy, our schools hallways are tiled :lol: Or if I start clicking the mouse and do it four times, I always either click four more times or do a Morse Code type of thing... 4 clicks, 2 clicks and than 4 clicks :lol:

Wow, this thread turned to neurotic confessions :lol:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

You used seven (7) :lol: 's. I hate noticing things like that.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 33 posts