New Lunar Year !

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, I'm just going by custom. I'm thankful for what the past experiences were like when celebrating New Lunar Years. It always bring back nostalgic memories such as the songs, people suddenly started playing cards, and making nice foods. But as I grew, the intimacy and fun slowly withers away. Our cousins have migrated to New Zealand and the older generations have quarreled and couldn't sustain a harmony and peaceful relationships among the brothers and sisters. And I find myself right now looking forward to attend the Chinese New Year Mass in a nearby church for the New Lunar Year's eve.

The fall of Valentine's day which is also on the 14th of February that is the New Lunar Year's day makes it more emotional, because it mixes the celebration with supposing family unity and love and -- along with your lover. The feeling of this have never really been fulfilling with me, as it makes me concern about being able to attend both sides of my life. Nevertheless, I still want to enjoy whatever it has to bring to me for this faithful Lunar Year's eve. When grandparents died, the atmosphere seems less enjoyable especially when this time of the year comes around. I have to say, having studied in St. Paul in the critical 11 years of my early life have molded me into believing Christmas actually means more to me over the calendar year.

I find this challenging as most people whom I used to be close with are distancing away due to my interest and preferences. I have started meeting a lot of new people and I have no idea where the old friends are. There are times I can still find a graceful number of them whom I still meet and who can accommodate to my style of living.

So, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a series of Happy moments over the next few weeks meeting and getting to know more about the Chinese's custom. Amen. :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried to find some cool pictures, and I found some here:
They're not taken by me though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yewenyi/22 ... 984716737/

Well, my next year resolution would be going out taking more snapshots of what is going on this time around the year.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I'm not sure I want to put other festivals in my list.

:)

That sounds like fun as well. Will consider.

*I don't think Chinese New Year will ever fall in the Spring season, will it?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts