I am newbie... Need advice on my first project

• newbee
  • Born
  • Born
  • newbee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Thank you for reading my qustion and thank you for your help. I have nearly complated contant for a loan modification and used car dealer websites. I liked couple of tamplates from http://affordableprogrammers.com where they charge $10 an hour to custimize them. Here are the links for them:
Loan Modification: http://www.templatehelp.com/preset/pr_p ... w3FS8hN%20)(
http://www.lenderhomepage.com/content/c ... tid=101266
And for car dealer:: http://www.templatehelp.com/preset/pr_p ... 697w3FS8hN
Template Info :
Item number : 14803
Sources Available:
.PSD;
.HTML;
.FLA;
.SWF;

SOFTWARE REQUIRED:
For uncompressing a template ZIP package:
WinZip 9+ (Windows);
Stuffit Expander 10+ (Mac);
Adobe Photoshop CS+;
Adobe Dreamweaver 8+ (or Microsoft Expression Web);
Adobe Flash 8+;
PRICE 64 USD

I have abouth 5 to 10 pages of information on loan mod. i want to have a blog and form for clients to fill out. i want to market this site on the net and true driect mail to generate leads. i like to know how long and how much to take to be in page 1. i have several loan mod domain names should i build more sides with relevent info. whould that help? Car website will have about 15-20 cars. it will have about 4 pages of information and 1 page of inventory page i am think of auction123.com managet for me. they post your cars on ebay and craiglist. Should i go with affordableprogrammers.com or try to find some one on ozzu? onlything is it sounds like people get burn on ozzu sometimes.. that i cant afford.
I want my sites to be nice, clean and in google, yahoo,aol. Thank you for your time.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I think its important to note that people get burned a lot of different places not just Ozzu. Its always important to fully check out anyone you work with in the same ways you would verify a mechanic before they touch your car.

However, your asking for quite a bit of work and the prices your paying are very low ($10/hr vs $50+/hr for a professional level developer). Typically you pay for what you get in almost every industry and paying higher fees will usually (although not always) get you more competent help where you'll be less likely to get burned.

A word of warning. Even at $10/hr you should get a quote for everything you want done, since they could easily charge you for two to three weeks worth of work that would put you into the $800 - $1000 range and you could probably get something built custom in the same range.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

With regards to the templates, the site you found those templates on are resellers of the template. We also resell it on ozzu here:

designs/website_templates/template_number/21300/
designs/flash_templates/template_number/22577/

That is the main reason you can buy it at the rates you are seeing them for, because more than one person can buy the same template. If you clicked on our links above, you would basically be buying through us which we would support you via email if you had any issues with the template. You absoultely do not have to buy through us, but who you buy the template through is usually the one who will be your support contact for any help/advice you need with your template after you purchase it. If you PM me I can give you a discount code as well to encourage you to buy through ozzu.

With regards to your other parts that do not deal with the actual purchasing of the template, I agree with graphixboy on that matter. That is specifically why we issue a warning on ozzu on those parts of the forum. There is no way we can ensure that our members will not be burned, and it would be up to you to do you research and make sure you are careful who you are buying your services from. I would always ask for lots of examples of work, maybe talk to others who have used them, and anything else that would make you feel comfortable. You should definetely get a quote for the work so you know exactly what to expect. Just because one programmer charges $10/hr and another charges $50/hr doesn't mean the bill at the end won't be the same. The guy who chargers $10/hr may quote you many more hours of work to complete the same tasks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts