Nicknames

• jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just for S**ts & Giggles, what nicknames have your friends given you over the years and why di dyou get them?

Some of Mine..

J - First Initial
J-Man - Epanded from "J"
Goat - Because I'm one hell of a climber...or was
Tooth - Friend Mike says I have big teeth, I call him Father Time (he's 10 yrs older then I).
D.B. - if you know what a D.B. is, this is self-expanitory
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

jflynn wrote:

Does it rhyme with swoosh-flag?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Quote:

Does it rhyme with swoosh-flag?

Hahahaha! my first association was 'database', but I'm guessing you're closer to the mark there spork.....

I never had many nicknames. my parents actually gave me the name 'Lidija' cuz they thought it isn't easily shortened into nicknames...
some people call me 'L', which I quite like.
my boss calls me 'kid'.
husband calls me 'lids'.
people in high school had brief spells of calling me stupid things like 'lishko' or 'lixy' but that never really caught on, thank heavens.

a colleague calls me livia drvsilla, after the grandmother of the roman emperor claudius (also great grandmother to caligula and great great grandmother to nero... you can really see the family resemblance there... she was famously ruthless, poisoning her own sons to insure her favourite won the throne of Rome.... my parents actually wanted to name me Livia, but a tv series about the emperor claudius was running at the time of my birth and it kind of changed their minds....) my deviant art profile is under the name livia drvsilla.

a friend had me listed in his phone as 'Miss Stern', with an avatar image of a high-heeled leather boot. can't think why though....
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Santa Barbara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Skidmarks- My last name is Marks
Sushi - I race motocross and i crashed one time and started throwing up and one of the EMT's ran up and was like "U alright." and i was like "Ya just bad sushi." and a every1 that works at that track calls me sushi now...

i believe in elementary school there was a classic one that went with "Nick" as-well.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB. Just because.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kell or Kells, everyone, even people who do not know me, call me that.

Em (just like saying M), My parents call me Em, cos my full first name is Kelly Emma, So Em for the Emma bit.

Bells, my Mum and Dad call me Bells, cos it rhymes with Kells I suppose lol.

Thats all I think.
  • Randomality
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Bathurst, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Captain America - long story*
6 Inch hair guy - 'caus I had hair that kinda stood up/back and was kinda fuzzy. (Not actually 6 inches)
Fluffy - Also 'caus of hair
King of Hearts - Obtain from poker and adapted for other reasons
Mercer - My current surname, I changed it this time last year. I've been known as Mercer since before high school, so I thought I'd change it so it made sense :P
Church - association from Red vs Blue
Randomality - Go figure
sixequalszero - much the same reason as Randomality

I'm sure there are others, I just can't think of them right now.

*long story - When I moved schools in year 11, a few people who later became friends of mine thought I looked/sounded/something american. After they found out I wasn't, Timmy decided to call me Captain America, and it just stuck.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

R-T - obviously
H-Dawg - My first name is "Hendrik"
Data Dirk - This has the same meaning in Afrikaans (my language) and english, I'm supposedly the biggest geek they know ...
Hennis - Most people just call me "hennie" which is like an abbreviation of my name, and then some time in primary school I was in the local paper for something and the paper misspelled my name as "hennis" ...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some people back in high school called me "cock" because my last name is Cochran. I didn't particularly like that name, especially because there was this jerk P.E. teacher that started calling me that too.

But mostly people called me "Mikey C", because it has a nice ring to it and it's easy to say.

My friend Mick calls me Mike-bike. I don't know why, probably because I crashed his dirt bike into his house once. I call him Mick-stick.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

What did he stick where?
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

other than my self assigned penguin nope :P
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
What did he stick where?

He stuck a paper clip in his thumb once, but I normally just call him that because he always calls me Mike-bike. The paper clip thing--at the tv station we worked at there was this styro-foam ceiling about 15 or 18 feet up, and we would always through cd's and old pens and stuff at the ceiling, and one day we decided to put some paper clips on rubberbands and shoot them at the ceiling. Mick decided it might be fun to put two rubber bands together and use them to shoot the paper at the ceiling with more penetration power, but some how he managed to shoot himself in the side of his own thumb and the paper clip went in about a quarter inch. When we did it, we were looking up at the ceiling wondering where the thing went, then Mick said "Oh *plum*, it's in my thumb" and we all laughed and made fun of him.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice little story there Kc0tma, You might want to change your sig to, Support penguin though :P
  • Randomality
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Bathurst, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Randomality wrote:
Captain America - long story*
6 Inch hair guy - 'caus I had hair that kinda stood up/back and was kinda fuzzy. (Not actually 6 inches)
Fluffy - Also 'caus of hair
King of Hearts - Obtain from poker and adapted for other reasons
Mercer - My current surname, I changed it this time last year. I've been known as Mercer since before high school, so I thought I'd change it so it made sense :P
Church - association from Red vs Blue
Randomality - Go figure
sixequalszero - much the same reason as Randomality

I'm sure there are others, I just can't think of them right now.

*long story - When I moved schools in year 11, a few people who later became friends of mine thought I looked/sounded/something american. After they found out I wasn't, Timmy decided to call me Captain America, and it just stuck.

Also, Redbull-Man - Probably because of my tolerance for the stuff. I once had 2L in one sitting (20 minutes) I currently have about 5L stocked in my cupboard next to my alcohol :)
  • jv17
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jv17
  • Loc: Miami

Post 3+ Months Ago

my friends call me J..because my nickname is JV
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

jflynn wrote:
D.B.

Dirty brown-star?
  • websushil
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • websushil

Post 3+ Months Ago

My all friends call me chhotu becausr i am smaller then my all friends and here. who is little from other he called chhotu.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

so that means "chhotu" = "shorty" ... ? sweet ... new word for me to use ...
  • Sumen
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Rochester or Albany, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been given the nickname tree man when i was at summer camp...I dont really remember why, and it was way to long ago, in those days I was the tallest kid around though.

Here at college nobody calls me by my real name Mike
Everybody calls me Bear
There were 7 Other mikes on our side of the dorm floor freshman year(it was an all guys floor :( ) and so all of the mikes got nicknames... I can only assume it was because I had sideburns, scruffy facial hair, and a bulky build

However it turned out to be a blessing, everyone knows my name after they hear it, and everywhere I live is referred to as Bear's place

Its just really weird because my real name is actually NEVER used while I'm at college
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

In high school I was known as "Fish" because I could swim like one.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts