My night job, I love it!

• Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I recently started a night job for Gateway Tech support. Next time u call in, u might get me! I love this job, I come in, its late, no one really bothers me, we order pizza every night, and I usually just sit in my comfortable chair, pick up the phone, and help people out while browsing the internet. I "work" for about like 7 hours a night and its prolly the best job Ive ever had. I work in a cubicle with about 40 others in their own little cubicles and the extra time Ive gotten from My extra coffee breaks (really works) has given me all sorts of time to lounge around the cafeteria (which is pretty much empty at this time). Defenately a good way to pay for college! :D
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool! whats the funniest problem you have had to solve?
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I havent had a funny problem yet, but I had one hillarious phone call from a woman with 2 kids and they were yelling and screaming and she was going crazy with them. The problem was that her son had spilled some juice all over the PC while it was on and it wouldnt even start up anymore. I felt really bad for the lady, she seemed so burnt out, but it was so funny having her kids in the background while she was just hollering at them.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I could not do that. I have very little patience over the phone. Now if gateway told me I could just tell nayone who called in "Ship it to us, we'll send you a new one". I'd be set ;)
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

You really dont need patience to do this job well, I know becuase I have none. All u need is a good ability to explain things in a simple and understandable way. They record all of your phone conversations just so they know u are doing ur job and not just telling everyone to ship their computer in to be fixed, otherwise Id do that in every instance. Most calls are basic and simple, a few problems sometimes fix themselves as ur talking to the person.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Who knows :-P Not worried about an office job right now ;)
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol. Im like B_Heyer. I dont think I could handle that. I take enough grief from just helping people face to face at my job. Ug. Im about ready to snap!!!!

**twitch.......twitch**

:lol:
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol, when ur getting paid it really doesnt seem too bad :)
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont think I get paid enough for some of the people I deal with. :lol:
I need a danger bonus like cops. That or a such a cushy job that I can fire all of the people who bother me.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts