Not sure where to place this - Slideshow help

• david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

My friend who owns a bar had just recently had a photo shoot with her bikini bartenders and she wants me to make a slideshow with music. How do I go about this? The only idea I came up with is maybe powerpoint. I'm a slideshow noob.

Help me out and I'll send you the slideshow :wink:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Powerpoint is horrible choice for creating slideshows. Do you have any web design experience? How many photos do you have? Do you have any software like Dreamweaver, Photoshop, or Flash?
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had to make a multiple page website for my final, other than that - nada
How many pics? - can't imagine more than 30-50 (2-3 girls and motorcycles)
Software - does adobe photoshop album starter edition 3.2 count? Is there any freeware or shareware out there for something like this. If a program is less than $100 I may take a look at it.

I won't get the pics and music until Monday
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it's going on a website, check out imagevue. I know the gallery part includes music, I've never used the slidshow component though so I don't know if that has music or not.

If it's going on a disk or being distributed in some other way, I don't know what to tell you.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it's going to be on a disk, Powerpoint is actually ideal, because you can export it with a standalone PPT player and burn it to CD with an autorun. But Powerpoint totally sux for web.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

She wants to give it out to some of the patrons to view at their homes. So yes it is to be burned to DVD.
Will that autorun feature work in a home DVD player or do they have to use a comp? Is there a different file ext. for making DVD's able to be run in both home equipment and comp?

I'll try to make a mock DVD with some pics of mom and dad with some Benny Hill music.

Thanks ATNO/TW
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

has to be a computer.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

never easy is it. I'll keep looking.
  • Hob Bramble
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Indiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could try Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows. I've never used it myself, but according to an article/tutorial I read about it on Lifehacker (http://lifehacker.com/141957/geek-to-live--how-to-create-a-multimedia-photo-movie) it does exactly what you're looking for.

The tutorial at Lifehacker mentions that while Photo Story itself is free, the plugin to burn to DVD directly from it is twenty dollars. However, it also says that the finished Photo Story files are Windows Media Files, so you could probably burn it yourself with some other software, rather than use the plugin.

Hope that helps!
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hob thanks, I gave it a rip and it worked. There are 553 pictures or 45 minutes of the same bike with girls so I got to do some editing. Still don't have the music yet, but the slide show was easy to put together.

I found ImageBurn for burning the disc for free.
  • maheshvarma
  • maheshvarma

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think rather than powerpoint if there are more photos

use the software photoshop , from this one
you can create your own templates ,layout far better than power point and more attractively you can use them with different colors

first see photoshop once and then you will find special in it

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts