Only in La Jolla

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I live in La Jolla California, while riding my motorbike this afternoon, a Bugatti Veyron pulled up next to me at the stoplight.

http://www.autospies.com/images/users/b ... rtible.jpg

Just like those colors.

Only in La Jolla...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well just a few minutes ago I was walking across the street and a BMW motorcycle (touring style) pulled up to the stop light. It was bright red, and a bike like that is out of place 'round these parts. But the weirder part was that he was pulling a trailer. That alone is not weird, motorcycles pulls trailers all the time. The weird part was that he had an identical motorcycle on the trailer. A motorcycle...pulling another motorcycle...how exostential.... :)
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's funny kc0tma ...
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn, did you have a look to see who was driving it? Might have been Simon Cowell who i belive lives in California (somewhere) and drives a Bugatti Veyron.

VERY expensive car that, so whoever it was is kind of brave driving it around at the risk of being hijacked.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually don't think that there are many people brave enough to try and hijack a car like that ... I'm just thinking that if I were hijacking cars I wouldn't try and take that one ...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice wheels.... the most exotic thing that ever drove past me was a lamborghini murcielago. nice yellow one. smokin'.

I'd love to see the new Reventón.... really does look like a raptor :D
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen alot of Lamborghini's in Scotland, there is a yellow lamborghini murcielago that goes about Edinburgh alot. There are some others towards the north.

Oddly enough i'm seeing alot of Aston Martin Vantage's nowadays. My parents next door neighbour bought one a couple of months ago and there was another one quite local to them as well. In Edinburgh (i've just moved here again the other week) and already i've seen a few going about. It's almost as if there is an Aston Martin sale on at the moment.

By the way, a second hand Aston Martin Vantage is costing around 75,000GBP, not to mention how dear it must be on fuel!
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

A while back I was in Sidney, a small Nebraska town literally in the middle of nowhere, and I saw a Ferarri Testarosa parked in the wal mart parking lot. That is the last place on earth you would expect to see one of those.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The other day, me and my friend Stew drove to Randburg (about 50km from me) to go buy a 1TB drive for one of his work's servers ... When we got there to the shop, there was a brand new Audi R8 parked there ... so ofcourse we got out and had a closer look and took photos and so on ...

When we were done in the shop we had to drive another route on our way back because the traffic on our usual route was piling up because of some accident along that road ... And on our new road we saw a Pontiac Firebird parked next to the road at some car dealership, so we got out to have a look at that too ... and then we realized that the dealership was/is an exotic car dealership ... there were awesome cars everywhere ... and inside there was a line of 8 Ferarris parked next to each other ... I almost wet my pants of excitement ...

The most awesome day ever ...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

In 1998 my family and I went to Hawaii for vacation, and in Honolulu we found a little exotic car rental place, you could see all the Lambo's and Porsches and Ferraris inside, and on the door there was a sign saying they did credit checks before scheduling appointments to rent a car. You literally couldn't even walk in the front door of the place unless you were affluent enough.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

When i get alot of money and i'm looking for a car i will definitely walk into a place looking so scruffy and poor to see how they react to me. Most salesmen wouldn't make an effort, but i just know it would be funny if the guy that does serve me is surprised when he sees my credit is good.

Reminds me of a story by Lional Ritchie of when he was looking for a car years ago and the dealership guy asked him if he could afford it. He then said to go and check with the bank and the banker told the salesman who he was. Needless to say the salesman was quite embarassed.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I drove through the local toyota dealer this morning just browsing the selection, and they have a pick up that if I wasn't broke as a joke I would almost consider trading in my beloved jeep for. It is a tacoma with the TRD package, a brand new 2009. I don't know why I fell in love with it by just looking at it, but man was it nice. I can't afford it though, and I have to finish paying off my motorcycle first.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I remember when we walked in to the store the salespeople didn't even look at us twice, just left us completely on our own ... I would love to just walk in there with a suitcase full of cash and say "I want that one" and put down the cash ... that would be awesome ...
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
camperjohn, did you have a look to see who was driving it? Might have been Simon Cowell who i belive lives in California (somewhere) and drives a Bugatti Veyron.

VERY expensive car that, so whoever it was is kind of brave driving it around at the risk of being hijacked.

I didn't see who it was. I was really focused on the car itself. I guess I should have looked at who was driving it.

In San Diego, there are ALOT of exotic cars all the time. Lambos, Ferraris are everywhere, I saw a lady shopping at Vons that later got into her Ferrai Testaros. This was just the first time I saw a Bugatti.

In fact, just down the street from my house is a body shop that always has a Ferrari or Lamborghini smashed up out front. I will try to find a pic...
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is down the road from my house. I stopped to take a picture of it while on my way to work one morning.

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you can afford to buy it then you must be able to afford to wreck it. Remind me to never move to California, just too crowded. Thats a lots of traffic behind that heap and not a single car is going the same direction it seems.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts