An Open Invitation for Sports fans.

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

In particular NFL fans.

As some, but not all know, a friend and I run a sports forum that includes several sports pools. Currently we are reaching our halfway mark for the year as of this weekends NFL games. We play our NFL pool in two rounds. Top ten winners in each round get a playoff seat at the end of the season. The reason I'm posting this now if (for those who may enjoy this) that starting with next week, we begin round two and you have to play all games in the half of the season to qualify for a playoff spot. We use a modified version of the phpBB board so it will be very familiar to you.

Even Bigwebmaster is one of our players, and I'm betting he doesn't miss a single game this next half (*winks at BWM)

It's free to play and free for memberships, but you do need a membership to play in the pools. As with anywhere, if you decide to check it out, start with the announcements board and read the posting rules and such and go from there. I use the same handle there, so you'll recognize me.

I'm actually in the midst of writing code to automate all of our pools, but R/T is getting in the way and it has slowed me down some. So we're doing it all manually at the moment, but it's still working out pretty good. Remember to qualify for the NFL playoffs spots, you need to latch onto a membership and start making picks by next weeks gametime.

Enjoy!
http://www.imagesculptor.com/pool/index.php
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried toi join but it let me register but would not let me log in... I tried to retreive my password just to make sure it was correct but it told me.....
Quote:
Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nevermind! It never said that i had to be e-mailed to confirm and be registered~ :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

*lol --that's one of the cool security features of this board. An I'll look again, but I thought for sure that the default is that you hav to get your activation via email.

I see ya there though. Going to look now. If you're not activated already I'll do it manually.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just wanted to offer up a big thanks to musik. Remember last night in another post where you commented the page was not-so-800x600-user-friendly? I've let that go for almost 3 months and it only took 3 minutes to fix and upload.

In the header table for the logo, I had the left <td> tag with no width attribute, and the right <td> tag at 100%. Wanna see the video of me kicking myself for taking so long to fix something so simple? NOT!!!

Anyway -- just wanted to say thanks. Your little reminder got me ticked off enough that I just had to fix it.
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ooo Im in, Go bears!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts