An Open Invite

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK....I was holding off on this until I got things refined a bit, but as some (or many know) I've been working on setting up a phpBB sports pools forums titled Boasting Rights Sports Pools for the last couple months. There are multiple sports related forums to enjoy and we are about to begin our NFL pool for the 2003-2004 season.

I have been working hard to automate the pool but am not going to have it done in time to start the season as I'm learning PHP and SQL as I go...but we are still going to run the pool manually until I can get the program working.

Bottom line -- with almost 1000 members here now, I figured that there are some here that aren't "just" geeks and also love sports.

So I'm offering an invitation to anyone who would like to join us. To participate in the pools you must be a registered member. Sign up is no different than here (it's the same script...just modified a bit). Like this board, we do allow youngsters from 13 on up to become members. So adults, please play and talk responsibly! The first NFL regular season game of the year starts Thursday night at 9 PM EDT and anyone wishing to participate in the NFL pool for this year needs to have their picks in by that time. You can find the official pick thread in the "Slingin' Sammy's Football Pool" forum. There are no money rewards. "We play for Boasting Rights". It's just a fun time. There is also a chat available for those who are into that sort of thing.

For further information, I suggest you read the Announcements board before doing anything else. My co-owner, Mike Hedrick, and I welcome anyone who would like to play. I am ATNO/TW there, just as I am here.

The board, registration and playing in the pools is free. There is no advertising on the page as of yet, so I hope no one considers this spam. Take it for what it is, please...Just an invitation

Here's the link for those who may be interested:
http://imagesculptor.com/pool

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post