Oracle, Microsoft, and the Rug Google is Standing On

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Considering that Oracle acquired Sun who acquired MySQL, both of which controlled technologies Google uses extensively in the form of databases and Java, what are the chances that Oracle and Microsoft could work together to pull the rug right out from under Google ?

Googles Android platform relies pretty heavily on JRE and JDK. You can't even use the Android development plugin for Eclipse without having the JDK installed. Hell, you can't even use Eclipse without having the JRE installed. I'm thinking it would be a major pain in the butt if Oracle suddenly decided to mess with the availability of Java and the tools used to develop with it.

Have Microsoft and Oracle been "buddy-buddy" in the past or have they been at eachothers throats ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not too familiar with Oracle stuff, but I think in the past you could use oracle on MS or linux. But in the last few years Oracle has been almost entirely linux with their "Unbreakable Linux" thing. So if they strayed away from MS all together I doubt they would try and squish google, but if they are willing to bend a little bit and work with MS that certainly would be quite a fight.
  • americanxo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • americanxo

Post 3+ Months Ago

google is unbeatable......i guess

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts