Others labeling Muslims as terrorists

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have heard news and people saying Muslims are Terrorists. I tried not to accept this notion until I really experienced having associated with them myself and found out all by myself. Why it can be quite true about the first statement, here is a short note.

Not a politician myself, I have gone through a little reading about a country which was in need of military help from a Muslim country in the middle-east. They refused to help because of fearing that they might ruin relationships with another Muslim country. And both the leaders of the countries were really close friend. Because of religion, one makes decision. Despite that, this country which needed help has raised to one of the top 5 countries ranking in GDP with only the help of Israel and Britain and others without the help of Muslim countries.

See, the point is "they" are woven with thoughts about 'me being the greatest' "without" doing anything constructive but depending on God, but when someone does great stuff - they blame on them and even started planning a terrorist attack. What we see on news can be very true. If only God teaches them how to think logic, they would be much better human beings.

Why is there suicide bombing every now and then? What are they being motivated by? I have 'so to speak' mixed and encountered most of the characters here I am writing and there are differences about each one. I really would like to say that the Americans are great.

Back to this particular nation’s problems, one example is that, this guy would remember very trivial matters and you never know what he is planning. If I were a politician, it is true that you can imagine to which nation this is referring to, I think you know.

Upon reading 'The world is flat' weeks ago, there were these paragraphs about the Middle-east living in illusive power.

Here is what I have to say, when all could ever be manifested is near to zero, to not really capable of improving the living of themselves; they will now do everything from illusive to "L-Y-I-N-G" and cheating. If you are thinking are they civilized? No.

The main idea here is that, it is born inside them. They are taught to being lazy and highly dependent on God, and I am not referring to the Africans, neither of course to my own country. You know.

Today’s world of politics, it cannot be denied that leader must really take care of the nation. Put aside self-interests.
What in my opinion, I have discovered which ‘these people’ have are - not building up their countries but acting on self-interests, thus the rich get richer and the poor will always remain poor, because of “I don’t care attitude” – I just want to win and God helps me, the rests are not important.

Resistance to change is a big problem. An Iranian friend has claimed how 70% of the population would want better relationships with the U.S, yet the government do not want because they have the power not to.

If you are this person who think it is not true. Yes you are right. I do not mind you reading this, there is an indication of this minority group who want changes and I hope you continue seeking it and I look forward to your success.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my opinion, the problem is not the religion, but how people look at it and how they practice it. I have seen a lot of muslim execution videos. Has anyone seen the video where a girl was stoned to death in public because of falling in love with a non-muslim? Even the parents were with the people! I was like - "Lord Have Mercy!" It is really hard to argue with a religion's dogma but I strongly believe that a religion should not dictate how we live our lives. It is supposed to be a guide. I am not against all Muslims because I have seen and met some that are also against a few of their beliefs.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
I have heard news and people saying Muslims are Terrorists.

I remember an episode of that "30 days" show where a devout christian guy had to spend 30 days as a muslim. He was the typical right wing whacko that if he ever saw someone in a turbin he would go running away to hide. But what I learned most from that show was that Islam is actually the purest form of christianity, that the Quran hasn't changed a single bit since its creation (unlike the bible with the NIV and the king james version and all the others). I learned that Muslims still believe in jesus and mathew and mark and all those dudes, just a little differently.

The terrorist Muslims are just a small faction of the whole. Christians have the same, like this group who call themselves "Christian Identity". They are the ones who think jews are evil and blacks are evil. They are the ones who arm themselves to the teeth and form little militias and stuff. Sounds a lot like Islamic terrorists doesn't it? Every faith has its people who take the belief to the extreme.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can't assign a label to an entire group based on the actions of a small subset of that group.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
But what I learned most from that show was that Islam is actually the purest form of christianity, that the Quran hasn't changed a single bit since its creation (unlike the bible with the NIV and the king james version and all the others). I learned that Muslims still believe in jesus and mathew and mark and all those dudes, just a little differently.

kc, No. They are not the purest form of Christianity. Yes, Muslims believe in Jesus - But as a prophet like the other prophets. They do not believe that Jesus is a God, and also a man. However, they do believe that Jesus will come back someday. See, the contradicting part? - How can a human live for so long?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

They can't, in fact we're not really alive right now. I think it was Terrance McKenna who said that we aren't capable of experiencing a full state of consciousness and connection with life without the stimulus of psycodelic drugs. And it was comedian Bill Hicks who said that we aren't really living yet and that we won't be alive until we enter the next stage of consciousness. Not that that has anything to do with anything.....

The big picture is though, conservative mainstream western mass media has given muslims a bad reputation that they don't deserve. I personally don't know any Muslims, but I think I'd rather have one for my neighbor than to have an evangelical christian.
  • Frank Tate
  • Frank Tate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, the problem is not the religion the people themselves who creates all this. I think it is right, thier are many other views and opinions like you but everyone can't have the same opinions regarding Muslims and their nations..
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Baradar told the commanders he wanted just one thing: to keep the Taliban's losses to a minimum while maximizing the cost to the enemy. Don't try to hold territory against the Americans' superior firepower by fighting them head-on, he ordered. Rely on guerrilla tactics whenever possible. Plant "flowers"—improvised explosive devices—on trails and dirt roads. Concentrate on small-unit ambushes, with automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades. He gave his listeners a special warning: he would hold each of them responsible for the lives of their men. "Keep your weapons on your backs and be on your motorcycles," Baradar exhorted them. "America has greater military strength, but we have greater faith and commitment."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/208637?GT1=43002

Can't they just surrender and start to think about their people who need to live.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts