Parting ways of sorts

• Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey. guys! it's Gadget Guru.. i have a new name now... it is the same name as my Business that i run from my home in texas... http://www.borrow-a-geek.com is coming soon...

anyway... while i love participating here, i have become busy to the point that certain things in my life have to be trimmed down... i cant even remember the last time i have replied to or even checked my email! (my email buddies all think i am deceased) haha

anyway, i would like to drop down to a normal user rather than a mod so that the pressures of maintaining and moderating are not there. while it is fun (and hey lets face it, its kind of a power trip too) i just dont have the time to moderate anymore. i wake up on average at 7 or 8 am and go to work for my business @ Borrow -A- Geek till 3:40 or so, untill i have to be at work with Charter Tech Support at 4PM and then proceed to work there until 1am getting home at 2am... repeating the whole process over again.. day after day...

i just had a new yellow pages ad come out a few days ago and already have gotten enough calls to fill my schedule thru wednesday of NEXT WEEK!! (5 appointments a day times 5 days, do the math, not a bad thing BTW) and the ad isnt supposed to even be run until feb 1st.. to top it off i have another ad running in March that will be 4 times the demographic market than the one im currently in.

now as if that werent enough!, as i mentioned in a previous post, i am newly married, and my wife is 6 weeks pregnant...

need i say more? haha

anyway, hope you all have a great time here, and i'll still pop in from time to time to say hi when i can find the time... :D :)

Brent
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have fun Brent, it sounds like you've definitely got a lot on your plate right now.. Congrats again on the wedding & baby :)
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey i hadnt noticed you new status Axe.. congrats on that! :-) :-)
  • twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: SanLeon Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

we will miss your shiney face hehe,(shine off glasses)
hey when your wife has the baby u need to show us..... and ty for being the 1st to help me on my 1st day to ozzu,i havent left yet lol im addicted to everyone here.everyone makes u feel at home.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great to hear your business is taking off. When you get around to needing to hire a district manager, let me know. I could be pursuaded to move back to Dallas! *lol (Actually, that's just me dreaming -- I'm kinda stuck where I'm at for the duration *sighs -- I miss Dallas).
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Brent,

Glad you could come back and waste some time with us before you had to step down again! I love hearing all of the "good" news (even if it makes people rather busy) that goes on here. Babies, jobs, marriages, accpetances, etc. It's great that everyone shares a little bit about themselves outside of their webmaster "shell".

I hope everything goes well with you and your new business, wife and child. Keep us updated especailly when the site gets up and running, I'm lost as to what it will be about! :-D

Brandon
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have no doubts you will succeed...good luck sir! I'm sure I'll
be seeing you around. ;)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm so happy for you Brent I'm beaming!!! :D I dont know you in person but your a great bloke and I wish you and the family all the best with your new business, new marriage and soon to come, new baby!!

Drop by and let us know how your doing now and then!

*hugs*

Rose :D
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks :-) an yes, i'll be sure to get some pictures of the baby when it arrives! you bet! thanks for all the warmth guys! sniff sniff! (someone have a tissue?) lol
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

congrats again on the marriage and the baby, hope u keep coming back and bringing all the great info and let us know how u guys are doing see you around :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts