Paypal problems

• Gustavo Woltmann
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gustavo Woltmann

Post 3+ Months Ago

I sent an inquiry using Paypals' contact form a little while ago and just received a confirmation email letting me know they'll get back to me ASAP. I was rather impressed to see Paypal censors all numbers in this response email. The numbers are all replaced with #. Even the date I included in my message was censored out with ##/####.

I guess they don't want someone inadvertently giving out their card/account/etc numbers via a response email. Seems like a good idea to me. I wouldn't have thought Paypal was going to send me a response which included my original message.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

They probably include the original message to you so you would know to what you are getting a reply. It is a good thing that they are doing something to keep the users safe. In case the email gets intercepted and wrong people get their hands on the sensitive information.

And so the user won't inadvertently pass on sensitive information to someone who doesn't need it.
  • matt231
  • matt231

Post 3+ Months Ago

the main problem with Paypal is that it sucks a high percentage on both you and your customers.

in the end, bank transfer is much cheaper.
  • lw124
  • Born
  • Born
  • lw124

Post 87 days ago

I have the same problem
  • LeonardoTion
  • LeonardoTion

Post 81 days ago

limited or frozen your account, rude customer support to blam you for your problem, forced to send private information to PAYPAL and still lost your problem
  • shumicpi
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • shumicpi
  • Loc: Bangladesh

Post 68 days ago

LeonardoTion wrote:
limited or frozen your account, rude customer support to blam you for your problem, forced to send private information to PAYPAL and still lost your problem

What does it mean by frozen account?
  • The Leader
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Melbourne Australia

Post 65 days ago

Given a lot of money changes hands with Paypal I think they would be totally in control of security issues.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts