Peekaboo

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello to anyone who remembers me! It's been a while since I was on here, been off in the real world having lots of babies and keeping busy :) Whats news for you all?? Whose gotten married, moved, had kids, changed jobs?
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome back musik :)

get active again there is a lot to catch up on.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just looked at who posted this, looked away and the checked again just to assure me that it was yourself that left this post. It's been a long long time.

There are a number of changes i am sure since you were last posting regularly nearly 4 years ago.

Great to hear you've been having a good time enjoying the real world with your offspring. What else is new with you?
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hiya, it has been a while for me as well. Nothing new here except me lurking around the forum a little here and there. Now that im outta school I should have time to write some code and bug all of y'all here again :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hiya SB, Zealous and typhon :D

Yeah a bit has changed around here but still pretty much the same ole look and feel :D

Not a huge amount new, have three kids now (last lot were twins), started a childrens charity last year which keeps me connected with the world. Hoping to go back to Africa next year. Gave up doing web design professionally, just go it mostly for myself now or as favours here and there.

I don't seem to enjoy it as much when you do it for work, well thats how it got for me, I think it was the clients which spoiled it, its not like having customers walk into a store pull something off the shelf and say "I'll have this in red thanks" so you change it to red and then they say "actually I meant, blue... with pink spots"... well you get the idea ;)

Did you ever come back to Australia SB? What are you doing with yourself now?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
Did you ever come back to Australia SB? What are you doing with yourself now?

I've not been back since i was there 4 years ago. I'd soo go back in a heartbeat though. With that said, i have really itchy feet and incredibly unsettled at the moment to the point where i would seriously consider any job offer i got anywhere in the world right now, so i imagine my circumstances changing very soon. I've considered everything from going to do some sort of aid work or something in South Africa/South America, to working for a UK based company that is trying to grow in Asia (in particular China). In a way i'm glad i have that flexibility as i don't own a home and i am not tied down with any family.

I can imagine having 3 young children is likely going to take up your time (and money), but did you ever come back to the UK for a visit in the last few years?
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Annnd double take successful. Haven't seen or talked to you in probably 5 or 6 years. Africa eh? Sounds like quite an adventure.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: poly

SB yes make the most of not being tied down and do some travel. Its still possible after kids but sometimes you just never get around to it. I havent been back to the UK since 2009. Had a holiday there and France for a month. It was nice. Don't think we will be back anytime soon though.
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, is this the reunion thread? I just PMed 613flavah a few weeks ago to see if she was still around. I pop in once in a while just to make sure the ship hasn't gone down without me. :)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's happening here?

I've lost count on the amount of people that used to visit frequently popping past again. It's so good to see.

613flavah has been busy with her family as well. She had twins late last year.

Katana is another member who has been busy with family. I keep in touch with him occasionally.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hiya musik! ;)

That lot sounds like a handful!

Maybe SB and I could do a house-swap :D After visiting Scotland/a few other countries recently I'm keen to get out of Australia for a long while, and my target is Scotland :P
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really? where in Scotland did you visit Breeze?

Great scenery, so i imagine you with your camera would have been very trigger happy if you ever saw the west coast north of Glasgow or the Isle of Skye. Stunning locations.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:

Great scenery, so i imagine you with your camera would have been very trigger happy if you ever saw the west coast north of Glasgow or the Isle of Skye. Stunning locations.

Just Edinburgh, sadly! :( I could only squeeze two days in. I'm making plans to get back, though ;) There's a couple of images in the gallery linked from my signature.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, Musik!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Breeze wrote:
SB wrote:

Just Edinburgh, sadly!

I don't think you could have picked a better city to spend two days in. I lived there for 3 years and loved every minute of it. I'd still be there if certain things hadn't happened in my life at the time i moved up to the north.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey! How have you been? How's Steve? All well? Hope so.

I moved to Florida; time for sunshine and beaches. :) Other than that, all is the same. Not that I am slowing down really. Work is still hectic and I decided to go back to school; working toward a PhD. That consumes quite a bit of my time.

Glad to see you back around, hopefully it's not an anomaly. ;)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone :) :) Wow flavah had twins! So did i :) :)

Thats how I ended up with 3 under 2!!

Steve is doing his second year at uni doing paramedics. He wanted a change from IT.

So glad to hear from you guys :) :) Tell me more about whats been happening??
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Daemonguy wrote:
Hey! How have you been? How's Steve? All well? Hope so.

I moved to Florida; time for sunshine and beaches. :) Other than that, all is the same. Not that I am slowing down really. Work is still hectic and I decided to go back to school; working toward a PhD. That consumes quite a bit of my time.

Glad to see you back around, hopefully it's not an anomaly. ;)

How cool what are you studying? Isn't Florida where they get some kind of freak nature stuff happening? ;)
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
Hi everyone :) :) Wow flavah had twins! So did i :) :)

I hope they're girls. Or atleast 1 girl 1 boy. My brother and I were born 1 year apart. Pretty sure my mom had all grey hair by 40 cause of us.

And yep, Florida is going crazy right now. Friend of mine's apartment complex is flooded/half gone from the heavy rain in Jacksonville.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow thats not good about the rains. Nature has been funny lately all these disasters, too much of everything it seems.

I think its good having kids closer together, there is 7 years between me and my siblings I grew up with, it sucked.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Poly wrote:
My brother and I were born 1 year apart. Pretty sure my mom had all grey hair by 40 cause of us.

My parents had all 5 of their children over a 10 year period. I was born just under a year before my sister was born and at about that time my dad was working in London for a few years. London is about 400 miles away from here, so it meant that my dad only came back up for the weekend. It meant that my mum had both my sister and myself on a pram each and a three year old, 7 year old and 10 year old to look after.

My mum is 56 years old now and has very little grey hair.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow that must have been full on for her SB! I may end up in a similar situation when Steve starts working after he graduates, I think for the first year they send you wherever, you don't have any say. So we might end up just seeing each other on the weeks off and days off.

I'm getting a few of the grey hairs haha. ;)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I already have some gray hair and I don't even have children yet. I will probably be doomed!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it makes you feel any better, i am a few years younger than yourself Brian and i too have noticed the dreaded gray hair. Thankfully it is just one single hair that appears on my right eyebrow and when plucked disappears for a few months.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

its very confronting when you find the first one haha
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have embraced my grey hair. I have no desire to color it either. My wife freaks out over them.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got the wonderful receding hairline gene, so I'm just hoping its all gone before I have to worry about grey.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Poly wrote:
I got the wonderful receding hairline gene, so I'm just hoping its all gone before I have to worry about grey.

I started to lose mine when i was 20. Fortunately for the last couple of years it has stopped falling out and whilst i am kinda bald i still have some hair all over. I just keep it short all the time now and it has got to the point where it suits me like this.

Whatever will be will be, i don't see the point getting upset over the inevitable and even though i can see why some may want to have laser surgery that will encourage growth, i don't think i'd ever be tempted by that even if i was incredibly wealthy.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:

How cool what are you studying? Isn't Florida where they get some kind of freak nature stuff happening? ;)

It will be in Information technology, of that I am certain. Either a concentration in security or systems information. I am leaning toward the latter, considering a dissertation on virtualization of cloud-based service offerings.

Freak of nature stuff? Like hurricanes? Well, no matter where you live you can get hit with something, at least hurricanes give you some advanced notice. ;)

Steve went back to school too eh? Good for him. Be sure to pass along my well wishes to him, please.

Glad you're finding your way back here!
  • Abviq
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi and welcome back, I am still new though, nice to meet you. :)
  • sergeyL
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sergeyL

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello! i had an account 2 years ago and i do not know do you remember me, i am Jack!hope so
how are you now& what is going on in your life?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 30 posts