Persnickity Spammer that I can't stop

• GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bleh. So, I am being spammed buy a "company" that's using a defunct business license in Arizona and the unsubscribe never works. So I Spamcop them, get the hosts and contact the colo companies to shut them down. I've burnt 4 so far, but now they are using colo's in other countries making it harder for me to shut them down.
Then the domain names, all using the same registrar, and at first they were reluctant but then I got in their face with a bunch of BBB and Attorney General complaints and they started complying. Shut down all of their domains and the company has been sending me the information for the people that were paying for them.

However the phone numbers I got don't work. I have names and addresses and Florida wants you to PAY to get court records. It would be nice to get a couple court orders and get the owners of the PO boxes.

I couldn't get a hold of the owner of DSS, LLC in Arizona so I called the guys father. That guy was nasty and was cursing at me. But of course the son calls me and explains he's been bankrupt for years, so I had him call Arizona to defunct the license.

However, I *still* can't stop these guys.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

What exactly are they doing, which warrants so much effort on your part? I would think it would be easier to just keep my spam filter trained if all that's happening is I'm getting spam emails from them. Hell, if it's a lot of email, I would just be able to train my filter faster. :)
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

They spammed my MobileMe account. I've had that account for over two years and never once received a spam message.

Gmail I get spam, but usually only 3 a day and they get relegated to the spam folder. They are usually from Italy or Russia, can't do much to stop it.

However, these guys are U.S. based and the E-mails are for scams. It's the digital age con artist. They keep saying in the e-mails that I can make a ton of money. So I am - by suing them blind under the CAN-SPAM act.

That and I love the fear I can strike into someone when they find out the internet isn't anonymous after all. Especially when that air of anonymity makes them smug and cocky.

I did slow them down though. I went from getting 5 a day to 1 a day to now 1 every couple of days.

My only problem is, the District Magistrate won't issue me a warrant for the billing information of the users without a pending 'Doe' lawsuit. At least, she won't until after the elections on the 17th. So I either spend the $140 now or wait until the 17th and get it for free. People tend to retain an attorney when they are being sued.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Spam is part of the internet and owning web sites like i get 2-4 hack attempts a day on my server and 20 email a day.

Have a security tester take a crack at your server and see if things can not be improved.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have a server. I use MobleMe.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just had a look at the site and i don't think i would trust them with my apple ID account, i never like 3rd party tracking of personal details but if it is a 3rd party service why don't you contact their support and get them to fix it on their end.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts