Pink Floyd

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been listening to a bit of there stuff again for the first time in a while. I just cannot get over how good a band they were. I particularly love this live version of the song "Great Gig in the Sky"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBWY3bli92Y

On one of the videos on Youtube someone left a great comment about their music - "Songs like these remind me that sometimes the music´╗┐ comes from the heart, not from a wallet"

Anyone else here like the music of Pink Floyd, if so any song of theirs that you like to listen to more?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a big Floyd fan. I haven't heard a song I didn't like. Be sure to watch The Wall if you get a chance.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll most definitely watch that, i think i may have done years ago.

I got introduced to the band from one of my friends when i was in high school. We would have been about 15 years old at the time and he was going through a massive prog rock phase. Music has become more or less his life now, he plays in a few bands and is a Guitar teacher now. Some of the stuff he introduced me to i'll never forget, some fantastic bands.

In fact, his introduction to bands like that has encouraged me to explore the whole Progressive Rock sound and i tend to also go into other genres like experimental rock and alternative rock. I love music that builds up to something which is why i also have become a huge fan of "Sigur Ros" and bands like "The Album Leaf" and "The Knife".

Good to see i am not the only person on Ozzu with taste in good music :)
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't say I have the greatest taste in music. I mostly listen to death metal, stuff you will never hear on the radio.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I've been listening to a bit of there stuff again for the first time in a while. I just cannot get over how good a band they were. I particularly love this live version of the song "Great Gig in the Sky"...

It's "their" stuff, SB. :D
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Allegedly if you listen to dark side of the moon while watching wizard of oz it flows perfectly? Never tried though.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't say it flows perfectly but it is pretty cool. I had "obtained" a copy of Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon put with it. I watched maybe 20 or 30 minutes of it. It is neat.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is that the kind of thing that you have to be in a cloud of smoke to understand, or is it still PG?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
Is that the kind of thing that you have to be in a cloud of smoke to understand, or is it still PG?

You do not need to be "in a cloud of smoke" to understand anything by Pink Floyd. Their music is great regardless.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestly the only Pink Floyd songs I've ever heard are The Wall and Money (I think that is what they are called).
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, you really should check out "Wish you were here". The way it is sang and everything about it is just stunning...one of the best songs ever released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPm4GH3UUC8
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

probably because of the nudity?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

dyfrin wrote:
probably because of the nudity?

I'll have to do that one at home!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Changed the video. There was no nudity, but to save offending the few i have removed the video and changed it for something else.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts