•  
    Bill Gate's Xbox
  •  
    PC Games
  •  
    Undecided
  •  
    I do not play games

Playstation vs Gamecube vs Xbox, which is best?

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just curious to who thinks what is best
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• assneck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: seattle, wa

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm, tough call so i cant vote. i have the ps2 and the xbox and ive played the cube. im going to have to get one of those soon cause zelda is coming out for that and i have to continue my streak of beating all the legend of zelda games all the way back to the old nintendo. but the xbox has probably the best graphichs and it has all the online capabilities which is nice. the ps2 just has tons of games and u can play all your old playstation games on it as well. the gamecube has the best controllers i think. ps2 and xbox can both play dvds which is a bonus. why buy a dvd player when u can just buy a xbox or ps2 for about the same price and play games and watch dvds? so basically u just need to buy them all. but its still fun to play games on the pc too... man i need to get a life.

- assneck
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love Zelda but haven't been keeping up with those video games anymore. I used to get every Zelda up until a few years ago. I added an undecided category to the poll now as well.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think playstation is superior in keeping a video game tradition alive. They have
the best variety for games and is of course far more popular.

I really think you have to have all 3 to experience gaming in the 22nd century tho.
Cuz, the market is so big now and BILLIONS of dollars in it, that the spread
between the systems for games is getting further and further, where you will need
to have all 3 to play all the best games.

I have a ps2 now, and had the original release for ps as well. I love it. I plan to
get an xbox soon. [assneck, I plan to hit you up for some games :wink: ]

/unflux
  • link8
  • Born
  • Born
  • link8
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

X Box better be the best ... I just paid $300 for the system....for the kids.....and myself.....:)).....so far...so good....!!!
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ft Worth TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

$300 for the system? I hope that came with games or extra controllers because they lowered the prices of the xbox and ps2 to $199 at least 6 months ago.....
  • Slick
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Slick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jimmie wrote:
$300 for the system? I hope that came with games or extra controllers because they lowered the prices of the xbox and ps2 to $199 at least 6 months ago.....

Yeah, I agree with ya on that. Heck, now you can it for $199 WITH 2 games unless you got some kind of other bundle.
  • Slick
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Slick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
I love Zelda but haven't been keeping up with those video games anymore. I used to get every Zelda up until a few years ago. I added an undecided category to the poll now as well.

Yeah, I'm like you, I LOVED Zelda, but haven't played that last couple of versions. The new one coming out doesn't really apeal to me that much in it's looks, it's too advanced to be Zelda, ha ha ha. I don't think that anything will be able to top the first zersion, just like Metroid, it's just classic stuff.
  • morph
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • morph
  • Loc: Kidderminster, England UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went or PC games. You can have more features, maps, editors, sound, image files etc because the discs are of a bigger size. Also if you have the hardware/software required you can have 10 x better graphics and sound etc. However I would (if I had a second chance) go for playstation only because of the playstation 2 though. :)
  • Slick
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Slick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I agree with PC games being the best myself. Battlefield 1942 kicks ass, especially online. I don't think that I could see myself trying to play a FPS online with an Xbox or PS2.

I'm not saying that i don't like the other systems though. It all depends on what kind of game I feel like playing. When it comes down to sports games, I love my PS2 for that.

I'm sure that the battle is only gonna get heated up in the future, as the consoles expand more in the net gaming, that's where the fun is and was one of the PC's biggest advantages, now that consoles can do that, it's gonna get good :)
  • Frax
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Frax
  • Loc: San Jose, Costa Rica

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nintendo rocks: Zelda, metroid, star fox and smash bros.. really good games
i have played zelda from it's first release, metroid and star fox too. they just rocks. the internal sistem is almost unbreakable.. which is too bad.

Xbox got the best graphics, but as usual with release problems, first ver scratch the discs, new releases fix that, but sometimes it crash with no reason. it closed to be emulated so don't bother on buying one, PC EMULATION ROCKS!!

Playstation a big variety of games, but i hate the shape, it's remote controll system sucks and the internal sistem is not any flexible for cracking, closed to be emulated too. but got problems on game reading, so we have to wait a little more.

The dreamcast is great, too good games, and it's internal system is so flexible.. you can play genesis, nintendo and some home made games on it.
  • Tort
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tort

Post 3+ Months Ago

I admit it is a tough choice. While Xbox undeniably has the best graphics, Gamecube isn't far begind.

XBox - Best graphics for realism
Moderate game library, some are of great quality.
FEW EXCLUSIVE TITLES, i.e Halo
Made by MS, makes many things in electronics (better than PS2)
MS is not used to the console industry

GAmecube - Fastest graphics for all types
Best graphics for less realistic.
So far the ONLY system to use cel shading (Very hard
for CPUS to handle)
Smaller game library, but the BEST QUALITY
MOST EXCLUSIVE TITLES i.e, Zelda, Mario, Metroid,
star fox, animal crossing, many more
Nintendo only makes video games (Best history out of the
three)
Has been making types of games for more than 20 years

PS2 - O.K. graphics
Poor graphics speed.
Larger game library, but quantity is NOT a replacement for quality.
VERY VERY FEW EXCLUSIVE TITLES.
Made by Sony, makes many things
Sony is only moderately aquainted with the console industry
  • Tort
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tort

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah yes, Robotech, I have seen it, and it is good.

I'm not saying which systems are overall better,only which are better for certain points, they all have their good parts.

Xbox is creating some very hard to handle games, and its nice to see that MS creates such a CPU to handle it.

I can't say that I've actually PLAYED robotech though, so i dont know how fast or slow cel shading is on XBox, but knowing Xbox, it's probably pretty good.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice outline on the positive and negative aspects of each system Tort :)
  • Tort
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tort

Post 3+ Months Ago

yah thanx

by the way, did sega go out of business or did they get bought out? (or are they just making games, not systems)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

they have decided to make games only. and from what I understand,
for only one of the systems. I can't remember which tho...might be PS2
but I'm not 100% sure.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would have to go with the ps2...
it has the Final Fantasy Series on it :D

And I love those...
But i still play a heck of a lot of games on my pc, the pc has the best graphics, and you can do anything with a pc.
pc's have high resolutions, antialaising, anisotrophic filtering...ect
TV is about 800x600 res?...summot like that, and some games on console are not very well if not antialaised at all..

well only my views
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now, most people usually say Xbox but, with the amount of online games PS2 is comming out with now it will most likely sway favor of gamers to PS2.
  • myemailaccount
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • myemailaccount
  • Loc: North of Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes but pc games are so much easyier to operate more realistic ( with the right equiptment ) and there evan more games out for a pc the only problem with pc's is nextweek your pc is out of date cuz a newer one came out
  • natural_angel33
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV (blech!)

Post 3+ Months Ago

the last video game I played was on Super Nintendo... pity me...
  • the strange one
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: nottz

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think x boxes are the best.... because they have halo... and halo is a wikid game
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

halo is on pc as well ;)
  • David
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • David

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got a PS2 and vice-city, heh, that game is awesome...

But i'd really like an X-BOX, they look really kool,

Its said in a computer magazine with inside the xbox you can run unix/linux, with some addon....

Thats just KOOL!

David.
  • dreamweaver
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Himachal Pradesh (India)

Post 3+ Months Ago

PC Games 8)
  • Nikke
  • Born
  • Born
  • Nikke

Post 3+ Months Ago

everyone who plays console games MUST have a regular playstation one at home!

the ones who says that pc-games are better than console games are pretty screwed. too bad i dont have the time to sit down and play anymore
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm thinking of getting an X-Box mainly because of X-Box Live and the fact that you get a headset so you can communicate while playing the games.

Whats the PS2 got to compete with this? do you need to buy any extra h/w for the ps2 for it to work with my broadband and is there an additional subscription fee like the X-Box live service?

whos_wee_dug?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ps2 has more games. ESP. winning eleven! :lol:
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just realized how old the last post was, but thought I'd point out why X-Box is better:
http://www.xbox-linux.org/

Though you can use a regular IDE hard drive with the PS2 if you have the ethernet adaptor.

Can't say as I really spend too much time playing games on any of them though

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts