Please help solve my Companies Crisis!!!

• bat-attitude
  • Born
  • Born
  • bat-attitude

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok,
Please give me your feedback.......

My Company Bat-Attitude.com, just put up a new site and now the Board Of Directors is ranting and raving over the price spent for it. It involved a start from scratch design ( no templates) and the web designer edited all the photos and created all the pics and logos, and did the photography as well. he also coded 2 shopping carts into the site for wholesale and retail and configured the shopping carts and USPS and UPS keys and set up the server as well. he spent about 200 hours total. My question is what would you think all this is worth? I am just hoping to get some feedback on what others feel a project like this should cost and I will use some of the responses in our board meeting so we can solve this issue over what this site is worth at our next meeting.

thank you so much everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James
Bat-attitude.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My question is why don't you trust your designer? Doesn't sound like a cheap project, so if your client is concerned why not ask you designer on the pricing rather than ranting here? // and what is a BOD?
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

As ATNO mentioned, it doesn't sound cheap and whilst your domain looks great it appears quite poorly written (at a glance).

Perhaps your directors want to know why you appear to have taken the most expensive route to market?

I would certainly be asking your developer(s) why he is using tables to layout your domain? Also, why did he not use one of the widely supported and totally free MVC frameworks? You also need to remove some of the graphics and make it faster to load. Even the menu bar at the top "Home, About us etc etc" is a graphics solution.

Without knowing the size of the bill it's very hard to comment, but the peeps responsible for creating this domain appear inexperienced. I'd think twice before you jump to their defence.

The directors may have a few valid questions. I would flatly refuse to accept this domain if you have paid top-dollar for it.

If you rip-it-apart technically (not hard) you can probably drive down the price.

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime.
  • bat-attitude
  • Born
  • Born
  • bat-attitude

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
As ATNO mentioned, it doesn't sound cheap and whilst your domain looks great it appears quite poorly written (at a glance).

Perhaps your directors want to know why you appear to have taken the most expensive route to market?

I would certainly be asking your developer(s) why he is using tables to layout your domain? Also, why did he not use one of the widely supported and totally free MVC frameworks? You also need to remove some of the graphics and make it faster to load. Even the menu bar at the top "Home, About us etc etc" is a graphics solution.

Without knowing the size of the bill it's very hard to comment, but the peeps responsible for creating this domain appear inexperienced. I'd think twice before you jump to their defence.

The directors may have a few valid questions. I would flatly refuse to accept this domain if you have paid top-dollar for it.

If you rip-it-apart technically (not hard) you can probably drive down the price.

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime.

thanks some good comments

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts