Porphyrophobia

• IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

It apears that my hatred of purple may actualy be caused by fear. and I'm not the only one... this article makes me feal somewhat more normal...

What is Fear Of Purple?
Defined as "a persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of the color purple", each year, this surprisingly common phobia causes countless people needless distress.

To add insult to an already distressing condition, most fear of purple therapies take months or years and sometimes even require the patient to be exposed repeatedly to their fear. We believe that not only is this totally unnecessary, it will often make the condition worse. And it is particularly cruel as fear of purple can be eliminated with the right methods and just 24 hours of commitment by the phobic individual.

Known by a number of names Porphyrophobia and Fear of the Color Purple being the most common, the problem often significantly impacts the quality of life. It can cause panic attacks and keep people apart from loved ones and business associates. Symptoms typically include shortness of breath, rapid breathing, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea, and overall feelings of dread, although everyone experiences fear of purple in their own way and may have different symptoms.

Though a variety of potent drugs are often prescribed for fear of purple, side effects and/or withdrawal symptoms can be severe. Moreover, drugs do not "cure" fear of purple or any other phobia. At best they temporarily suppress the symptoms through chemical interaction.

The good news is that the modern, fast, drug-free process we use at The Phobia Clinic will train your mind to feel completely different about the color purple, eliminating the fear so it never haunts you again.

Full article at http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/prob ... &SDID=1120
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ROFLMAO!!!

That is hysterical!!!

Hats off to you.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D about time I found out am am not a freak... and to celebrate I am begining a MAJOR overhaul of my site... what is it you ask?

well I don't want to give away to much... but basically I'm gonna actually start updating it... add a buch more content AND I am going to bring in some new concepts...

amasing what a little insaration can do :D
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

are you going to add purple? Are you going to the purple side? Don't listen to them, they just don't want you to be unique. There watching you, you know. There watching us all. Yeah, thats it. But I took out all my teeth so they couldn't find me anymore.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

heh, nope I'll never join the purple side... uhh I think I better up on my hat, the balck helocopters will be flying by in silent mode soon...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts