Post your Christmas Decorations 2008.

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well for as long as I've been here, I can't recall that we've done this in years past so for 2008, how about lets get some ideas from each other on some Christmas decorating and what you do.

Here's mine and my girlfriend's nutcrackers and tree for starters.
Attachments:
100_0360.jpg
Attachments:
100_0367.jpg
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh my god that looks brilliant :)

I haven't actually put anything up yet.... I'll make sure to snap some shots once I do
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't got anything up yet and i have no intention on changing that.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That tree is intense.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

With that tree, it is a pretty safe bet ATNO doesn't have a cat.
  • victoriaphee
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • victoriaphee

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Well for as long as I've been here, I can't recall that we've done this in years past so for 2008, how about lets get some ideas from each other on some Christmas decorating and what you do.

Here's mine and my girlfriend's nutcrackers and tree for starters.100_0360.jpg100_0367.jpg

You're decorations are simple yet nice. My xmas tree is such a mess.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks all. The pictures unfortunately really don't show just how pretty and bright it really is.

kc0tma wrote:
With that tree, it is a pretty safe bet ATNO doesn't have a cat.

Actually I do have a cat. And last year was her first Christmas and she tortured the crap out of the lower branches. I refuse to lock her in a room all day when I'm gone so this year I'm trying aluminum foil around the base and orange peels (when I'm not around or when I'm sleeping). And it is working. She won't go near it. You can see the foil and the cat in this pic.
Attachments:
100_0380.jpg
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Will it be snowing on Christmas day?

Excuse me, I am from south east asia, and I have always wanted to know about the weather in the west, especially in the U.S -- I was a fan of "Home Alone", it snowed. It was beautiful. More than that.

:|
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your decorations is simply the best I have seen in my life. Maybe it looks real, someone I have talked with in a forum, not in the movie "Home Alone".

:)

And I am very honest about my compliment, Mark.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's always a possibility George. It usually does. It's a little too early to tell at the moment. Currently we are expecting a possible 1-3 inches overnight tonight and currently a mix of snow and rain is forecast for Christmas Eve, and cold but Sunny on Christmas day. That could change between now and then.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
It's always a possibility George. It usually does. It's a little too early to tell at the moment. Currently we are expecting a possible 1-3 inches overnight tonight and currently a mix of snow and rain is forecast for Christmas Eve, and cold but Sunny on Christmas day. That could change between now and then.

I am so grateful for this. Thanks Mark. I already am experiencing what it is like there now and also on the 25th. Actually, I prefer cold than hot.

Thanks a bunch for letting me know in details too. Like 3 inches, I have never really thought it can be that thick. It is real. :)
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first winter when i moved to Maryland we got 38 inches in one night. Not fun for someone who grew up in Arizona where it is normally in the 60's during the winter months.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey hey tell me about the cat and the orange peels? I've got two demons here, this is their first christmas ever but knowing how they treat most things around the house I'm fearing for the tree. orange peels keep cats away? :D
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
hey hey tell me about the cat and the orange peels? I've got two demons here, this is their first christmas ever but knowing how they treat most things around the house I'm fearing for the tree. orange peels keep cats away? :D

Most cats don't like citrus Celadine, but not all, I've heard of some cats that actually eat those stuff :D but you can try with yours.

Cats are always so unpredictable that you'll never know what they will do.

Your tree rocks ATNO!
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh Holy Knight, ATNO I freaking love calico cats. They are my absolute favorite kind of cats.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll have to remember that citrus bit.
My cat would probably lay on the tinfoil and lick it though, he likes to lay on plastic grocery bags and lick them, the sound of it drives me nuts.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

For those of you with cats, here's a few tips
http://www.wikihow.com/Cat-Proof-Your-Christmas-Tree
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have Christmas decorations up, I actually don't even have any ...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

ooh, can't wait now to set up and cat-proof the tree :) though I think I'll just make it a tiny little plastic one....... I absolutely abhor plastic trees, but I also hate the idea of killing a live one, and even if you buy it with roots most of the time they won't take afterwards when you plant them, so you just get to watch them die over the next few months - which pains me so much that for the last two or three years i never put up a tree at all (though I regularly buy loads of decorations for it each year - ah, women...)

but this year maybe I cave and get a little fake one. I saw a cute purple one the other day..........
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mine is artificial. They used to be real but I got tired of the mess. There's nothing wrong with artificial trees, and definitely more environmentally friendly.

Who else has pictures? I can't be the only one.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts