posting at school

• whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has anyone ever posted at school. well right now i am in yearbook and posting this message

//i am not going to be on for a while incase u are wondering y i am not posting that often
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehe, i post in my school all the time in my ICT lessons...the teachers are not the brightest im my school...

they know a little about how organisations use ICt systems but thats about it, they block the internet sites we go on incase they have games....

they are too daft to realise that we go on the sites, download them and play then as long as we like. They dont realise that the games are on our accounts.

with that said the teachers are looking for the game websites, which means i can post on here freely :D
  • pixel
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • pixel
  • Loc: Wait! I know this one! Umm...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep I post on here 24/7 at school... Or I mean on all my forums (like 30 lol). We all have our own laptops and lots of free time. Our teachers are computer literate though so you have to watch out for them but their also pretty cool... My math teacher plays games during class. Lol!
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, back when I was a sophmoore in high school we used to have this private forum where we would copy and paste the cisco tests after we would be done with them. As for posting on Ozzu I do it all the time at school, lol.
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I only have access to a computer once during the day and even then we don't have internet access. :( I did take web design for a little while (was a waste of time) and we had internet access in there but the teacher wouldn't allow us to visit sites having to do with a game or any sort of discussion group. Grr, she always sat just in the right place so that she could see everyone's monitor at once!
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow that is cool all at ounce
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I post from work all the time. My boss says it's okay as long as I'm learning useful things here I can use in my work (which I do, in fact I'm always forwarding him messages of interest that people post)

:D
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

well my schools teachers are the bigest dumbass in the world. 140 people in my school. i flunked C.R.S class with a 35. the best part is that i made the school webpage and did all the work in class. people that did not do a thing passed with 90's. well to finish off i know my schools network for the most part and the network admin (same teacher that failed me) sometimes asks me for help and so do all the other teachers. but it is kind of funny i know the most about computers in my school and i flunked C.R.S i dont get it......
  • Dragnet
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Emergency Room 497a

Post 3+ Months Ago

i post at lunch time once in school its free block :!: :!:
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

luckey. i wish i could do that. im in 8th grade so we don't have free block lunch.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*lol -- my first computer experience in high school was with punch cards on a VERY old IBM. First task was to create a program to create a sine wave...next was a tangent, then co-tangent, etc... Anybody else remember punch cards?

Any dibs on bettering that?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

you got me there. when I was in 8th grade, the early apples made there way into my school. We were all transfixed by

10 print "name"
20 goto 10

:)

Unfortunately, nobody at the school knew how to teach the subject. I took one semester and gave up.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, my first PC had a crank on the front to get it fired up, and 2 people had to push it for half a mile to get it really going ;)

hehe, nope, I can't beat the punch cards, although man, I still can not get over what things cost even just a decade ago. It cost my original 4Meg of RAM (4x1Meg 30pin Simms) plus about the equivalent of US$700 in local currency (UK Pounds Sterling), to upgrade to 16Meg (4x4Meg 30pin Simms) on the ol' 386.

My entire 486DX2/50, 270Meg HD, 8Meg RAM, 1Meg VesaLB graphics card, 2x Panasonic CD-Rom back in April 1994 ended up costing a total of about UKP2,300, so about US$3,500... Man, that's just sickening, you can't even give one of those away today, lol. And then Christmas '94, it still cost about US$500 to get a 540Meg hard drive.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
you got me there. when I was in 8th grade, the early apples made there way into my school. We were all transfixed by

10 print "name"
20 goto 10

:)

Unfortunately, nobody at the school knew how to teach the subject. I took one semester and gave up.

OMG! I remember that too! *lol
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe -- I remember that stuf too. I can still remember selling computers when the OS was Windows 3.1 and Mr Gates was just introducing 98... yep --I did say that right? Yep. There were many that just skipped 95 and went straight to 98.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, introducing '98, with it's reliable USB and pretty blue screens ;)
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol, I was the coolest kid on the block when I got Windows 95 plus :).
  • Kairisika
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Calgary, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can't beat any of the old computer stories - my only computer nostalgia bit is okanogan lake - anyone in their late teens/ealy twenties remember the game? oh and seeing a mouse for the first time in gr7.

i'm not in school right now but when i was we had this obnoxious bess filter on the net that barely allowed you anywhere. was nice when we discovered putting https instead of http in the address gave you access to anything.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts