print screen help

• wortho8
  • Student
  • Student
  • wortho8

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey ppl i just bought a new dell laptop and for some reason i cant get the print screen button to work. Is there some sort of options that allows the user to enable or disable these buttons

please help coz this is really starting to bug me lol cheers
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, your first problem is you bought a Dell....
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try pressing Fn+Print Screen
  • wortho8
  • Student
  • Student
  • wortho8

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol sorry m8 but what is fn
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Function key, it is usually labeled Fn and in the lower left corner of the keyboard.

• wortho8
  • Student
  • Student
  • wortho8

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahhhhh thats great lucassix thanks alot m8 for your time
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dubya wrote:
Well, your first problem is you bought a Dell....

Hmmmm?

I've had my Latitude for a little over 2 years now, and I've been quite pleased with it. Also, I can't say enough good things about Dell's service department.

They've done me right, anyway.
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah my next computer is gonna be a Dell
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dell puts a lot of low grade parts in their computers, which lends to less stable systems. Actually, I know this about their PC's. I can't say for sure what they put in their laptops and whether the parts are low grade or high grade. But their PC's aren't good for much more than word processing. The only good PC is one that I know what's in it. And that usually means building it myself.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dubya wrote:
Dell puts a lot of low grade parts in their computers, which lends to less stable systems. Actually, I know this about their PC's. I can't say for sure what they put in their laptops and whether the parts are low grade or high grade. But their PC's aren't good for much more than word processing. The only good PC is one that I know what's in it. And that usually means building it myself.

Judging from your avatar, I'd think you know this; That's capitalism at work.

I'm saying that Dell puts together a damn fine box of low grade parts for a decent price - and they have a good service division, as well.

:D
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

My five year old Dell Desktop is still tooling along just fine. I've never even had to call them about anything except an OEM number that it turned out I actually had all the time.

I've run apache/mysql servers and more kinds of compilers and development software than I can remember at the moment without any problems at all, so I think they're good for more than word processing.

I'm happy enough with Dell that I just bought a new one, and all signs point to me being happy with this one too. I'm particularly fond of this new flat screen monitor now that I've got the settings the way I like them.

The only good pc for me is one that does what I need it to do reliably and at a reasonable cost, and my Dells haven't let me down yet.
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're right. I'm all for Capitalism. In fact, Microsoft, my favorite company, is a testament to the wonders of Capitalism. So, I have nothing against Dell ethically, I just say, if you want the best performing PC, then you need to build it yourself, or have someone build it for you. That way you know everything that's going in there. Nonetheless, if someone asks me that they want a cheap computer to do their school papers on and to browse the internet, then I usually recommend a Dell to them. But good luck upgrading it in the future, cause you probably run into problems then. And try getting service after you moddified Dell's system. They'll laugh at you. Try playing Half-Life 2 on a Dell, even a newer Dell, and see if you don't run into any system instability.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I haven't had any problems adding new components to the old dell, but I don't play games on my pc, so that's not an issue for me. In the end, everybody can go with what suits them best. That's the great thing about capitalism. There isn't one state factory churning out a pc that we all have to use (and stand in line for).
  • Taylor Hewitt
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

wtf i dont have a function key lol
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Taylor Hewitt wrote:

The function key is on laptops. It is like a second shift key because there are less buttons.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

uh call me stupid but i dont have a FN button i have a Liteon multimedia keyboard the bottom row is like this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CTRL| windows key| Alt| spacebar| alt\ Windows key| * | CTRL|

* means looks like a pointer onto a text document and it does the same thing as right clicking *
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ummm...skirge. Read the post before you

Dubya wrote:
Taylor Hewitt wrote:

The function key is on laptops. It is like a second shift key because there are less buttons.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dubya wrote:
You're right. I'm all for Capitalism. In fact, Microsoft, my favorite company, is a testament to the wonders of Capitalism. So, I have nothing against Dell ethically, I just say, if you want the best performing PC, then you need to build it yourself, or have someone build it for you. That way you know everything that's going in there. Nonetheless, if someone asks me that they want a cheap computer to do their school papers on and to browse the internet, then I usually recommend a Dell to them. But good luck upgrading it in the future, cause you probably run into problems then. And try getting service after you moddified Dell's system. They'll laugh at you. Try playing Half-Life 2 on a Dell, even a newer Dell, and see if you don't run into any system instability.

man, talk about back pedaling... anyways, I think dell is probably your best option for a premade PC, gateway has been a disaster for me.. dell has been great and actually, sony VAIO has been amazing, although still not as impressive as the one i built... And about the microsoft comment, I'd go Linux in a flash if there was more software available.
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

back pedaling? :scratchhead:
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

going back on what you originally said.
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, I don't see where I did that, but W/E.
  • tairey12
  • Born
  • Born
  • tairey12

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="Dubya"]You're right. I'm all for Capitalism. In fact, Microsoft, my favorite company, is a testament to the wonders of Capitalism. So, I have nothing against Dell ethically, I just say, if you want the best performing PC, then you need to build it yourself, or have someone build it for you. That way you know everything that's going in there. Nonetheless, if someone asks me that they want a cheap computer to do their school papers on and to browse the internet, then I usually recommend a Dell to them. But good luck upgrading it in the future, cause you probably run into problems then. And try getting service after you moddified Dell's system. They'll laugh at you. Try playing Half-Life 2 on a Dell, even a newer Dell, and see if you don't run into any system instability.[/quote]

Ok, so your a gamer, well Dell makes computers for just such a person. And building your own computer will cost the average person around 7 to 8 hundred dollers. Most people can't afford that. This is my second dell and it is still going strong and I play alot of games and I never have problems. My husband built his own desktop and he is aways trying to up grade, and he has an HP and he has had to send it back twice in the month and 1/2 since he got it. If you bought one dell and you didn't like it, that doesn't mean that all dells are bad. Then you have to remember you are the one that chooses what you want in your Dell PC or Laptop to start with, so maybe you chose the wrong set up for what you wanted.
  • Hob Bramble
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Indiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This topics been dead for a while now, buddy. No reason to bring it back up.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts