problem to sign in in Live Messenger

• Allwyna
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Allwyna

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a few days I have been unable to sign in on Live Messenger. I emailed them, after a few tests they said it must be because port 1863 is blocked. I called my ISP, they are totally uncompetent. I go through a 2wire router, and I am on a LAN connection.

Since some people don't know Yahoo, I need it. All the rest of my sites work.

I must say that I improved my security, downloaded programs to control my cookies (but this one is allowed, as well as in my firewall)

Anyone would have an idea? Thanks a lot
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there anyway you have another computer at your location so that you can try and see if it works there. That way you can rule out if it's your computer or something to do with your connection.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

This problem occurs because the Microsoft Internet Explorer SSL settings are incorrect. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a protocol defined to allow Web servers and Web clients to communicate more securely through the use of encryption. When SSL is not used, data sent between the client and server is open to packet sniffing by anyone with physical access to the network, thus, this error occurs.

To rectify this issue, I suggest that you clear the Check for Server certificate revocation option in Internet Explorer.

The steps are pretty straightforward and I'm sure that you won't have problems performing them.

1. Clear the Check for Server certificate revocation (requires restart) option in Internet Explorer:

a. Start Internet Explorer.

b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

c. Click the Advanced tab.

d. Under Security, clear the Check for Server certificate revocation (requires restart) check box.

e. Click OK.

f. Exit Internet Explorer.
  • Allwyna
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Allwyna

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is unchecked...

As for my other computer, I have not downloaded Live Messenger in it. I have it only because some people swear only by Bill... not me. I use Firefox as a browser and Yahoo for my contacts. I have IE because I can't access some sites from Firefox, not more.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx and choose Windows Live Messenger from the drop-down menu.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Allwyna wrote:
I must say that I improved my security, downloaded programs to control my cookies

Hello but whatever you did to "improve my security" broke it. Reverse your tracks and uninstall what you did or start looking there first.
  • Allwyna
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Allwyna

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Reverse your tracks and uninstall what you did or start looking there first.

haha! you are right :twisted: I found the problem. I installed AVG 8. THAT'S A MESS. Do not ever install it. All my emails were coming back, I tried to train it, impossible, my good emails were going to trash and vice versa. It didn't recognize black from white list etc... so I decided to uninstall it. RIGHT AWAY I signed in automatically to Live Messenger. I reinstalled my old nice AVG 7.5 and Spambayes. Now I still have an issue to solve. Another topic, it is not solved by this uninstallation

Thanks all for your help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts