project research

• sanndra9
  • Born
  • Born
  • sanndra9

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,people. I’m working on a project so I’d like a little help from you.I know it was probably ages ago,but please,try and think what was the hardest thing for you when you were introduced for the first time with usage of computer?How old were you?What was the most annoying at that time? Especially those of you who weren’t that lucky to have or work on a computer as a kid.
Was it harder to learn if the operating system wasn’t on your native language? It would be very helpful to hear it from you, assuming that all of you are now interested in programming, web design, operating systems, professionally or as an amateur. I’d appreciate a feedback from you. Thanks a lot in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

learning html, i still haven't gotten it completely yet
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was 7, it was a birthday present, and here I am, over 19 years later :)

Most annoying thing at the time? Having to load software from tapes (hard drives are SO much quicker, heh).
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

My most annoying experience3 was having to buy a new CD rom 5 different times before i finnaly got one that worked just until the warrenty expired. I was so mad i could have shot my cat. :lol: (JK)
  • Troubadour
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ultimately I don't think it matters much what language the commands are in.

As long as their is a native explanation forwhat they do.

I.e. as long as you know that typing COPY is going make a copy of a file, you could just as easil;y type in GHJY as long as you know that GHJY fred.bat fred2.bat is going to result in a copy of fred.bat being copied to fred2.bat.

Hope that makes sense.

Coming from a programming point of view, programmers deal with a different language all the time.

Sure "printf" / "writeln" / "cfoutput" all sound in english like they are going to output something... you still need to learn the syntax and appropriate arguments for those words to work correctly.

Hope that helps some.
Don't be shy to ask for any more help.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First computer I ever touched was an IBM. It was the only one the school owned. My tasks were to write sine, cosine, tangent, etc...programs. I had to do them on punch cards. It pains me to this day that I started out that way. I wish now I had better foresight. I wanted nothing to do with computer science. Fortran, Pascal, what is that? Nope -- didn't want it -- now I wish I had thought better of that choice.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts