Question on a computer configuration for a gaming setup

• Stern5556
  • Born
  • Born
  • Stern5556

Post 3+ Months Ago

Um hi i am looking to get a computer for gaming with these specifications under 700$ please tell me if it is possiable to get the pc with this ammount of money if not thanks anyways :P

Disk Drive:8x or better *Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.
Operating System:Windows XP, Vista/7
Processor:AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better · Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
RAM:Windows XP: 1.5GB · Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB ·
PCs using a built-in graphical chipset, 2GB RAM recommended.Video CardATI X1800 or better* · nVidia 7800 or better* · Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*

Please reply :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

well to be honest a gaming rig would be hard for a budget of 700. It can be done but with today games the specs you state are not going to handle it too long.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i built my quad core witha custom case for 600 if you build it yourself then you save a few bucks

If you minus the case you save 100 too and monitor will save another 200 but you would have these things.

Check ebay for a combo pack CPU ram and mobo that a AMD quad 3.01GHZ with 4 gig ram and ASUS mobo ran me about 250 and 280 with shipping from local store. 2gig Ram min 4-8 is best

Graphics card will run about 100 on average for something half good just a generic brand will do, you can upgrade that card for xmas lol

1tb hard drives i can get for $55 AUD each and 3tb for 220 so 1tb should do ya unless your a download junkie

take the old cd drive form the old computer slap it in the new one it won't be often you use it with digital download of games with steam these days.

and new PSU 50-100

then just build it yourself so that is really a whole computer there with basic stuff from the old one so i paid about 600 for my quad core really.

Then with dual monitors made it 1100 then few extra hard drives and really it is the best computer i have had so far and i love it and built cheaper then your budget.

Just look around and shop smart, remember local computer shops are 3rd level of the turn over so your paying the factory then the whole saler and then the local small business computer shop.

If i had the clients i could make a killing building computers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts