Question with a Storefront

• apcjfv
  • Born
  • Born
  • apcjfv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Need some advice on storefront software. I would like to have a store were my customer can login and only see products they ordered in the past.

I belive this is considered a database driven web store.

Any suggestions?

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why would they only want to see what they have ordered in the past? They already know what they ordered. Wouldn't they want to see products that are currently available?
  • apcjfv
  • Born
  • Born
  • apcjfv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply Don

My business in Quick Printing. My customers only order custom printed items specific to them. I would like to have it so they can logon and view their specific items, in PDF form (ie: letterhead, bus cards, envelopes, brochures, etc) They would click on the thumbnail showing their item, place it in the cart with qty needed and checkout. Seems simple, but finding out the hangup is letting 1 customer see only what I want them too.

Thanks again for any info you can help me with.

Joe
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want the customers to only see their own purchase history, you have to create individual accounts for each customer.

My question is, suppose they want something new? How would they see new items if they are only looking at past purchases?
  • apcjfv
  • Born
  • Born
  • apcjfv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don...You are correct. I guess what I really need is a "past order" history for each customer. They would be able to go to that page, view their history and re-order. The main page would have the the other services and products I offer.

Any suggestions you may have on sites that would allow me to create the individual users and see past history.

I signed up for Valueweb and tried to setup a store using their service "Web Store" and it seems that I can not create individual accounts for each customer.

Any suggestions.

thanks
Joe
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Individual accounts have to be created on your local server. If you plan to use an MS product such has Server 2003, it could get a little expensive. Their software doesn't come cheap. You maybe able to do it in XP, which is not really a true server, using IIS or Apache, as long as there aren't more than 10 connections at the same time.

Do a test run on your own machine. Create a second account, user name and password. If you are going to have the items open in a web page. download IIS or Apache. Create 2 pages, one for each account. It doesn't matter what items you put on them for now. Create a login script for each one so that the correct page will open when you login with each account.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts