Hoax

Real or Hoax?

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-ne ... rilla-pic/

Place your bets... :D answer apparently to be revealed this Friday...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everything's too well planned, definately a hoax.

It's like when My Cousin Vinny came into court with this elaborate objection & the judge shot him down because he could tell it was rehearsed.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Almost scary. First thing I noticed was
Quote:

WordPress database error: [Lost connection to MySQL server during query]
SELECT DISTINCT YEAR(post_date) AS `year`, MONTH(post_date) AS `month`, count(ID) as posts FROM wp_posts WHERE post_date < '2008-08-13 07:33:04' AND post_date != '0000-00-00 00:00:00' AND post_status = 'publish' GROUP BY YEAR(post_date), MONTH(post_date) ORDER BY post_date DESC

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tom Biscardi is a total basket case.

Besides he was already on Fox on 7/1/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pF9Pn_D ... re=related

All you have to do is listen to him. *lol.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's about as fake as the Loch Ness Monster. I'd have been convinced even more so if this was announced at the beginning of the summer so as to encourage more tourists to the area.

Without the Loch Ness Monster "is it real" sort of situation i don't imagine a number of people wouldn't have bothered looking at Scotland as an ideal holiday destination despite it's beautiful scenery.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is this the same thing that is feature in this fox news article? I can't get your link to load for some reason and I'm to lazy to figure out why it won't. The fox enws article doesn't seem too excited about it like they would if it was the real deal, so I think it is a hoax.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402882,00.html
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:wd ... cd=1&gl=us
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It has to be a hoax. Everyone who voted thinks so :P
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hooooooax. They always are.

and you're probably right about Scotland, SB - though I think if people really knew how beautiful it was they would be more than interested to visit.... all the castles and all the stunning landscapes.... doesn't take Nessie to make it worthwhile :D (too bad it rains all the time though, eh?)

EDIT: here's a thought, incidentally - does everybody vote 'hoax' because we all mean it, or is it because we all inherently feel it's cooler to err on the side of jadedness? Know what I mean? It's far more socially survivable to say something is a hoax and then have it turn out to be real, than to gullibly believe something is real and then have it turn out to be a hoax.... Cynical Society...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think its a hoax mostly because big foot is suppose to be big, and in the pics it looks like they've got him stuffed into a cooler like they are taking him to a tailgate party or something.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol ... no honestly I just voted hoax because I really do think it's not real ... or am I ... lol.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
EDIT: here's a thought, incidentally - does everybody vote 'hoax' because we all mean it, or is it because we all inherently feel it's cooler to err on the side of jadedness? Know what I mean? It's far more socially survivable to say something is a hoax and then have it turn out to be real, than to gullibly believe something is real and then have it turn out to be a hoax.... Cynical Society...

That's an interesting idea.

I think it would be safer to err of the side of believing it's true and later finding out it's a hoax, thinking of "The boy who cried wolf".

I think it's a hoax because there seems to be alot of scheduled media attention around it. When you discover something like that you tell the world, ASAP. the only reasoning you could have for stinging everyone along with bits and pieces on a schedule is if it was hard to create the fake evidence. If it was real, they'd realize it would be easy to go out and find another one rather quick.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
the only reasoning you could have for stinging everyone along with bits and pieces on a schedule is if it was hard to create the fake evidence. If it was real, they'd realize it would be easy to go out and find another one rather quick.

Precisely. Kind of like the Blairwitch project advertising campaign. I could never understand how people managed to believe that was real.......
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh ye of little faith, it was on the Fox News network so it MUST be true.

I decided to be different 8) I voted for "real" :? :roll:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

We'll pray for you Prime.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about that image with the tongue hanging out due to "decomposition", why isn't the tongue hanging out in the other photos ?

Quote:
Kind of like the Blairwitch project advertising campaign. I could never understand how people managed to believe that was real.

They probably just didn't know any better. I know I didn't.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
We'll pray for you Prime.

OMG LOL

wow
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

the thing is, most outlandish claims by the media turn out to be rubbish. i.e. if it sounds fishy, it usually is fishy.

except for that story of that czech boy whose family was keeping him in the basement and EATING little chunks of him in some weird satanistic rituals. he survived, but I'd hate to think what his psychiatric treatment bill is going to come out to........
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, and I thought this guy was bad.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

well he is. just that there's even worse...

one thing I couldn't grasp in that case is the role of the girl's mother. i mean is someone seriously trying to tell me that her husband said their daughter had run away from home, then kept disappearing down to the cellar and showing up with new grandchildren, and she never put it together??? likely tale........
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read a book once, I think called A Boy Named Dave or something like that. It was the autobiography of this guy who back in the 60s his mother was all nice and loving to him and his siblings, then one day she just snapped and started abusing and neglecting only him, it went on for about 10 years I think until one of his teachers did something about it and got him rescued. But the stuff she did to him was bad, the whole family couldn't call him by name they had to call him It, and she would lock him in the bathroom and make him clean it with ammonia and chlorine mixed (i.e., possibly deadly gases) and would get water to a rolling boil and make him soak his arms and legs in it. There was never explanation why one day she was caring then the enxt day evil either, she just kind of went nuts all of a sudden.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

A Child Called 'It'

(I've read it)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

A Boy Named Dave must have been the follow up or something, I know there are a series of two or three books.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah I've heard about that one too. people do some twisted things.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm going to say hoax, because I just don't see how in New York of all places, a supposed bigfoot creature could go unnoticed for so long. Plus it was on Fox News.

I just don't believe in the whole bigfoot / nessie myths. Well at least not in a lake. If Nessie was in an ocean, then yeah I could believe that.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

there have been millions of debunkings of nessie, not least of all the reasonable scientific argument that there couldn't be one, you'd have to have a stable breeding population of nessies. cuz things just don't live for millions of years. they just don't.

and if there were sixty-odd of them in there (that would be roughly a minimum breeding population), we'd sure as hell have seen one by now. not to mention they'd have nothing to eat (insufficient fish in the lake)

it's all hokum...... but people like myths and legends. we can't help it - we're hardwired that way.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

There may be a real bigfoot or sasquatch or abominable snowman out there and we just haven't found it yet. Good reason, look at the rain forests and jungles in South America. There are new species of bugs and birds and reptiles being discovered every day. Sure, there are literally billions upon billions of insects in the Amazon so you can almost look in any direction and find a new one. But maybe there are so few bigfoots (bigfeet?) out there spread out over the entire globe that we are having a hard time finding them. And millions of years of evolution have made them incredibly good at hiding from humans and out sophisticated technology.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it turns out this was a hoax after all. Bigfoot himself issued a press release today reaffirming that he is indeed still alive.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

again, as with nessie, you need sustainable populations. you can't have 'one' of anything - heck even the bible agreed it should be two at least. A reasonable sustainable population differs depending on breeding habits of different animals, but certainly a few dozen need to exist in one place in order to make it possible for them to always produce enough offspring to continue the species.

and though it's true that new species are being found all the time, mostly it's little critters like bugs or butterflies. it's been a fair while since we've discovered a new big mammal...... my guess is we pretty much know what's out there.......
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I just don't believe in the whole bigfoot / nessie myths. Well at least not in a lake. If Nessie was in an ocean, then yeah I could believe that.

As far as I understand it Loch Ness is connected to the ocean underground (water in the case). I think the premise is that the creature(s) are sea-fairing. Two thirds of the earth is covered by water and most of it is unexplored. I have no doubt there are many more creatures as yet unclassified.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 40 posts