Remember When We Used to Stay Up All Night Coding ?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you don't remember, here's a possible reason. It turns out sleep deprivation may contribute to Alzheimers.

The article wrote:
A lack of sleep could help toxic plaques develop in the brain, accelerating the progression of Alzheimer's disease.

So the next time you think about pulling an all-nighter, try to remember you need your sleep, while you still can !
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

wowzies :) Knew there was a good reason to go to bed before 3 am :D I try to get enough sleep whenever I can, but there just aren't enough hours in the day.... I don't pull all-nighters because I'd just be useless the next day, but I will stay up till 3 and a little beyond.
  • jammer2552
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I skipped going to bed last night because of late night coding... uh oh...
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a few times gone 4 and 5 nights without sleep altho I will admit I did not do any coding at the time, and that I did not do it "naturally".

Don't know about brain plaque, but that much time without sleep gets really interesting. I am pretty sure that the chemicals that cause dreaming start to come out willy-nilly. As in, by day 4, the world starts to seem very dream like. Day 6, and you start to seriously consider if it really is a dream.

Haven't done that in a long time and don't really feel a big desire to go again, but I'm glad I did for some reason...
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Don't know about brain plaque, but that much time without sleep gets pretty interesting. I am pretty sure that the chemicals that causing dreaming start to come out willy-nilly. As in, by day 4, the world starts to seem very dream like.

Interesting - not the first time I've heard it described that way, so it must be pretty much spot-on. I'd never make it long enough to find out myself. Well, I could, but I'd probably harm some co-workers in the process. :)
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
Quote:
I'd never make it long enough to find out myself. Well, I could, but I'd probably harm some co-workers in the process. :)

I wouldn't want to commit myself to stress prone, concentration heavy activities, I think you would find yourself making a lot of mistakes. If all you have to do is "chill out and hang around", it's nice.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Damn hippies.
  • jammer2552
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Damn hippies.