Remote Camera

• demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay i am working on another project and need some help

I have used a raspberry Pi computer and have a webcam to send out a stream. pretty cool stuff. but i am making a box where the computer ad cam will go into and eventually there will be a few more censers and what not. It will have its own power via solar and wind power with battery. I have all that stuff the problem is connection. I need a complete wireless solution. or something that will work with Debian Linux. aka something that will work with say (att,Verizon,sprint,t-mobile) you get the point. I have worked with Verizon WiFi hotspot and usb laptop and they will not allow forwarding ports and an external ip.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Checkout the wireless modules for alarm systems. You can get ones that connect through major carriers and have an external IP. Not sure on port forwarding. We just had a new one put in here at the office that was from alarm.com that connects VIA Verizon.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

i only need port 80 open so to server can send out its own server

Poly wrote:
Checkout the wireless modules for alarm systems. You can get ones that connect through major carriers and have an external IP. Not sure on port forwarding. We just had a new one put in here at the office that was from alarm.com that connects VIA Verizon.

Also after looking at the solutions yes they use the same tech. But its the Tech that i need to figure out what they use..
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks like att might have what your looking for http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp ... 8Zwx_7MlsR
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

ScottG wrote:
It looks like att might have what your looking for http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp ... 8Zwx_7MlsR

AT&T U-verseĀ® Support <- the problem. Thats there Fiber/dsl.. :?

Thanks for helping me :D
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's a bummer i didn't look too deep into u-verse.
I also ran across this in my searching also haven't looked into it to far

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/ ... l?id=23755

the mifi device
http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/?p=4726
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

well see thats the thing that cracks me up I had gotten this and it had port forwarding and what not but when i went to the external ip address it would not connect even thought port 80 was forward. I was on the phone with Verizon's costumer service for an hour and they finally told me that the device would not allow for that kind of port forwarding.. (Say wtf)

Edit update
I had also gotten this CDMA device and Verizon told me that they cannot connect it to there network because it was Alltel.. Even though Verizon bought out Alltel...Go figure :scratchhead: :banghead:
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I was doing some reading and this seems to be what everyone is using Ebay-Huawei E220. Sooo it should come in the mail next week and I guess I will see if it works for what I need it to do.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looking forward to an update; this seems like an interesting project!
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got the Huawei E220 in the mail Monday I think. I just need to get the sim card for it to see if it will work. I am hoping it will. Then all I need to get is a charge controler and battery. Although I think I hit another snag. I need to find a GOOD 12v to 5v usb hub so i can power the Raspberry pi and the internet. so something like 3-5amps. Time to start Googling.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts