Rockin forum

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know, I've been posting here for a while now. I remember searching for a good web design/development forum on google a few years back and posting to a lot of them and not having much luck getting passed the feeling of being the little guy.

It's really difficult to get a good community built up and find the right balance of free and open conversation vs. moderation. This will totally sound like brown nosing, but I wanted to give the moderators and BWM, as well as the regular members a heads up that you guys have done a really outstanding job with this site. There's something different about the conversations. It's more like an ever-growing group of buddies talking hobbies than it is anything else - it's really great. In the past couple years I've been a frequenter here, I have yet to see anyone not answered because it's a "stupid question." I've learned an ungodly amount from you guys - enough so that I've even been able to answer a few questions.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and that this is my number 1 go-to for resources lately (after an initial failure at google searching of course :P )
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you, it makes my day when I know that Ozzu has been this helpful for someone. I have found myself that Ozzu is a bit different than other related forums that tend to let anyone and everyone post whatever, and usually the type of replies are very low quality and meaningless. I do feel Ozzu is one of the more stricter forums when it comes to moderation and what it allows, but in the end if it allows members to be here for the right reasons I feel it provides a better experience for the users such as yourself who are really wanting to learn and get help or provide others with assistance that really need it.
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tell anyone that says that they are wanting to get into web design about this forum. It is a great community and very helpful. I have had many questions answered fairly quickly here that I had been looking in other places for what seemed an eternity. -- See Im trying to get back in to a more active part again :)
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I completely agree with all that is said. If i was more active online i would frequent the site like i used to do when i first registered. Life changes, yet i do find the time to spend browsing Ozzu when i can.

I'm glad i can say that after being a member here for over 7 years. Whilst the community has changed a bit the decent people seem to stick around which is why Ozzu is the great place that it is today.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love for the Ozzu :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts