Ron Paul for President

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you guys heard of Ron Paul who is running for the president of the United States?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

I really like him. He seems to have much of the logic I have always been thinking.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Didn't he drop out of the race already? :scratchhead:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know that he actually dropped out, it is just that John McCain is beating him to a pulp in the polls.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul_presidential_campaign,_2008 wrote:
On June 12, 2008 Paul announced that he was ending the presidential campaign, investing the more than USD 4.7 million of remaining campaign contributions to build up the new advocacy group Campaign for Liberty.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yah McCain should win. I haven't been following the political battles much so I didn't even know who Ron Paul was until today. I think if he did a better job at getting his voice heard more people might have voted for him. He is a strict constitutionalist and has never voted for an unbalanced budget. I have been favoring Obama over McCain, but if Ron Paul was going to be on the ballot for President its possible I would vote for him after more research.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Remember that episode of Family Guy where Brian said that undecided voters are the biggest idiots in the nation? I fit into that category, but I'm not entirely undecided. I just don't think Obama is totally 100% president material, but McCain is just one of those kinds of people that I despise, so I don't know who I'll vote for.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would have voted for Dennis Kucinich in a heartbeat if he had remained in the race.

(He's the one currently pushing for the impeachment of Bush, for those who don't know.)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did McCain select Romney as his running mate ?
I'll vote if he does/has.

I don't know if someone like Ron Paul, or Ross Perot will ever make it into office. those guys are all about checks and balances and a huge percentage of Americans like to believe credit cards are free money. The American people seem to want someone who will promise them things they can't realisticly deliver.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read some of Ron Paul's literature. Honestly, he seems more of a Libertarian than Republican. I thought a lot of his ideas were good, but I'm not sure about the practical side.

Anyway, I just can't vote more McCain. I listen to him and I wonder if he's even in touch with reality. I love Obama, as a public speaker, but I do wonder about his ability and scope as a leader.

...I may not vote this time around - make it a 3-peat. :)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ron Paul's a Republican ?
I thought he was an Independent. :scratchhead:

Quote:
I just can't vote more McCain. I listen to him and I wonder if he's even in touch with reality.

That's why I'll vote if he has Romney as a running mate.

Stage 1: McCain is overcome by old age
Stage 2: ...
Stage 3: Profit !
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your Stage 1 is something very true. I saw on the news the other night that McCain is about to turn 72 pretty soon, and if he is elected he will be the oldest president in our history, the next oldest was Raegan at 68 years old.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts