Rooting a Samsung Galaxy S3

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm looking for help in rooting my Samsung Galaxy S3. I've had it for about half a year and now decided to try rooting it. I've had problems with the camera not working, the loosing the connection at random (not lately, but I had that in the past) and some others, so I thought that rooting the phone might help resolve these issues, and if not, well, I got something new to mess with. Which is a plus.

I can find instructions on this online... I just thought that someone who might be knowledgeable in this be able to help me with the instructions, or maybe I could get some opinions/suggestions as to which OS to use.

Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S3... now all I get is a black screen... and attempting to get it to the download mode isn't doing anything but turning it on... which leads to a black screen.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look into CyanogenMod. They have been working with that stuff for awhile and may have some good info for you.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a ROM, I think it's the bootloader that is messed up. (I used this tutorial to root my galaxy).

EDIT: Now that I read more/think more about it, I think it's the recovery that is messed up. It doesn't even turn on in download mode (Vol Down + Home + Power)...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPDATE!!! Got it to work... it finally got to the download mode! What I did wrong was download the wrong file. I downloaded a file for a different version phone (i727 while mine is i747). I redid the process and it now works fine.

Now I'm wondering how to install an OS.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok... I got TWRP installed and backup the system VIA the recovery image. What I don't know is if the bootloader is unlocked. The ROM I'm looking at flashing my phone to requires the bootloader to be unlocked, and I'm not sure if I have it locked or unlocked (according to that video I didn't need to unlock the bootloader so I'm guessing mine is already unlocked, but I don't know for sure).
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

turn off the phone and turn it on but instead of just hitting the power button do this. Hit the power putton and the volume down at the same time and it should come up and tell you if its locked or unlocked.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts