He'll somehow get away scot free

Saddams Life Expectancy

• Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris
  • Loc: Erie, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was just curious as to peoples opinion on what's to happen to Saddam.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm pretty sure the Iraqi provisional government will execute him ater a short trial.
  • DuffMan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portland, OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

He will recieve the death penalty as soon as the government is established. It will be very interesting to see how many of his followers will try to bust him out of prison in the next few months though (if any are left)...
  • Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont think that his followers will be the ones to bust him out If that happens. My money would be on Al Queda or affiliate cells as far as people who have the want and means to spring him. seriosly hoping that doesnt happen tho cause i want to see the million or so citizens he terrorized testify against him :twisted:
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't really know, but i think if his own people have the chance to
actually stand up and say what they really think in new gov't, they will
execute him. But then again, he may just sit and rot in a cell too....

like I said, I don't know. No one does.
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that the whole thing will drag on for a few years. First they'll try to get as much information out of him as they can, and then they'll have a trial that will probably also take up quite a bit of time. The outcome of it, of course, will be death.
  • Thanol
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Thanol

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bet he'll be assasinated.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

:roll: i dont know what to say about all this.
  • RyTRiX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

We're not going to get any information out of him because we don't support torture, but i really think we should make an acception in this case and torture the information out of him. Some people say that if we do this then we're no better than them, i know this but the thing is we're not going to get any info out of him "Waking him up at odd hours and asking him questions" as they said they were doing on the news. He's satan himself and my guess is he wont crack without torture.
  • Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris

Post 3+ Months Ago

Couldnt have said it any better myself. Good one RyTRiX :)
  • RyTRiX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. That one took me a while :lol:
  • Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very valid pnt. though. We aren't going to get anything outa Saddam the way were doing things now. When they first pulled him outa his rat hole he was scared outa his damn mind. If we tortured him then (or soon after) that dishonorable sleaze ball would've been more talkative then a 10yr old ADHD case on a sugar high. But i guess us being the democratic super power with the whole world looking upon how we carry out situations (esspecially the UN :roll: ), I guess we Do have to maintain a certain properness with our actions as a country.
  • assneck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: seattle, wa

Post 3+ Months Ago

RyTRiX wrote:
We're not going to get any information out of him because we don't support torture, but i really think we should make an acception in this case and torture the information out of him. Some people say that if we do this then we're no better than them, i know this but the thing is we're not going to get any info out of him "Waking him up at odd hours and asking him questions" as they said they were doing on the news. He's satan himself and my guess is he wont crack without torture.

trust me the united states doesn't need to use torture to get any information out of saddam. first of all the information gained from torture is for the most part invalid because when you are being tortured you will say anything to make the pain stop. the US interrogators are not just waking him up at odd hours of the night, they are doing much more. when i was in the air force i had to go to SERE school and pow training. saddam is likley being kept awake for days at a time. he is definately isolated from anyone except his interrogators. crazy loud music or sounds is being played constantly over and over. probably spends most of his time in closet like structure where he has to bend over because its not very tall, not wide enough to lay down. it is probably damp, cold. he most likely has a bag over his head except when he is being questioned under super bright lights. he might get a bunch of sessions in a row with mean interrogators and then a hot woman interrogator might come in and act nice and bring him hot food in exchange for information. the US doesnt need to use tourture to get information from anyone because they are so good it's not necessary. its just a function of time and pressure before anyone will crack. we also have various drugs such as sodium pentathol (truth serium) that can speed up the process. besides all this saddam showed he was a coward and only cares about himself came out of his hole saying he wants to negotiate and you better believe his interrogators are lying to him telling him they can get him a sweetheart deal if he cooperates with them instead of turning him over to the iraqi council who want him dead asap.
  • RyTRiX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

sweet
  • Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris

Post 3+ Months Ago

lmao. assneck, you kinda scare me with all your intuit knowledge of psychological torture . But as long as all thats happening to saddam then im a happy man :twisted: . Good post man 8)
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I may tweak the topic here a bit...

I wonder if anyone has really considered what it's going to take for the 'coalition of the willing' to really withdraw from Iraq. I mean completely withdraw, not just substitute NATO for the coalition, but actually hand the keys over to Iraqis without having the country return to it's former course, before Saddam's regime was dismantled.

A government of any type, ultimately, derives it's power from the consent of those being governed. Even if it's not democratically achieved consent, but the lack of resistance to that power, that's where the ability to maintain control/power comes from.

So, in either case, what are tools for gaining this consent? A structured government, an internal police force and a military force would be my answer to that question.

So to effectively turn Iraq over to Iraqis, these 3 things would have to be in place, and would have to be impenetrable to corruption and power mongering.

There are a considerable number of factions in Iraq, all of whom are equally hostile toward the western world and all of whom will be grabbing for the power that will be eventually be left in the vacuum of the coalitions absence. All these factions, too, are steeped in iron handed control techniques and corruption.

It seems to me that it would only be a matter of time until the country would backslide to their pre-war situation. Not with Saddam at the helm, of course, but someone/some group equally as despotic and oppressive.

If the goal here is achieving an independent democratic Iraq, that resembles Kuwait, and that isn't hostile to the western world, I see that as close to impossible.

I feel like there will be some form of occupation continuing in perpetuity with at least hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars/pounds etc, being constantly funneled there to support this.

This topic is important to me and my family because my nephew has just finished basic training (Army) in Missouri, and will start his occupational school soon (Military Police). I can only hope that he's not deployed to Iraq, and if he is, that he won't be in harms way.
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

good post assneck... i totally agree with your theory of invalidity when torture is used...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts