Safari 4 claims, and rendering

• dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
CSS Effects

Pioneered by Safari, CSS effects help developers add polish to websites by stylizing images and photos with eye-catching gradients, precise masks, and stunning reflections that require only a few lines of code.

Quote:
CSS Canvas

Using CSS Canvas, web designers can position canvas elements anywhere an image can be placed using CSS. Safari is the first web browser to support CSS Canvas.

Anyone got info on the canvas and what code brings it out?
http://www.satine.org/archives/2009/06/ ... o-effects/
http://developer.apple.com/safari/artic ... cipes.html

Quote:
Developer Tools

In Safari, developers will find the best set of development tools ever included in a browser. Just turn them on in Safari preferences and use them to examine the structure of a page, debug JavaScript, optimize performance and compatibility, inspect offline databases, or test experimental pieces of code on the fly. For more specific information about each of the development tools, visit the Safari Dev Center page.

Wonder if this will surpass firefox with webdev toolbar that I've been using forever.. will have to load up the mac and see!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dev tools are nice but don't seem as powerful as the ones in FireBug. I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon because of that.

However, I've found Safari to be lots lots faster than FF3 and the canvas stuff is pretty cool including things like CSS based animation (although I don't really know what I'd do with it). Here's a write up about it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts