Seattle area baking in the heat

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

They are forecasting temperatures in western Washington to reach over 100 the next few days. Seattle has never gone over that before since they have been keeping records. Besides all that we actually have quite high humidities compared to normal so it feels even warmer.

I actually love the heat though, probably because normally we are the ones always getting wet and have colder temperatures. I hear that most of the country is having colder and wetter summers than normal, all I can say is its about time ;)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you send some of that here?

The whole of the UK had great weather around the time of Wimbledon, but since then it's been wet, colder and just miserable. Other than a couple of days this week it has been raining more or less every day now for about 3 weeks.

I just wish i could go away next week when i am on annual leave from work.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Today I think was the hottest day of our summer and it's a mere 83.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's almost 9PM here right now and dark outside. It's 88 degrees with a "feels like" temp of 98 degrees.

If you don't have an uninterruptible power supply already you should probably get one. Brownouts caused by everyones' air conditioning coming on at once are a royal pain. ;)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well up here most people don't have air conditioning as you normally do not need it, so I doubt it would cause many issues here. They actually have "cooling stations" opening all up around here for people to go if they need relief from the heat. Those are basically buildings that do have air conditioning.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the east side of the state its been over a 100 for the past few days, but we have dry heat which is nothing compared to Seattle in the summer with all the humidity. I was over there last summer mid August visiting my brother and I remember leaving Richland where it was 102, and getting into Seattle. It was only like 93 but it felt like it was 115 out.
  • sbronson
  • Student
  • Student
  • sbronson
  • Loc: Arkansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Isn't funny that most people want it hot when its cold and want it cold when its hot.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I moved from arizona about 8 months ago to colorado. Obviously I'm used to a lot of heat, but then I come here and it's been raining since summer started. There's been maybe a weeks worth of dry days. Definitely not something I'm used to.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Well up here most people don't have air conditioning as you normally do not need it, so I doubt it would cause many issues here. They actually have "cooling stations" opening all up around here for people to go if they need relief from the heat. Those are basically buildings that do have air conditioning.

Strange. We use our air conditioning more than anything around here, but we still have heat. I never knew they had HVAC units without the AC.

I guess it makes sense though, my first car had heat but no air conditioning because it came from up north.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was listening to a Spokane radio station (eastern Washington, as opposed to western where Seattle is) at about 8 p.m. mountain time last night and they said it was still 95 degrees in Seattle. Thats madness for it to be that hot so late in the day. That weather spawned some cool thunderstorms here last night though, then they moved into Washington and apparrantly were rotating and the national weather service was telling people to go to their basements just in case.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
It's a day for the weather history books. For on July 29, 2009, Sea-Tac Airport hit 103 degrees just after 3:30 p.m. for the hottest day on record in Seattle, with records stretching back to 1891.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/51988007.html

That is crazy!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before you know it you'll have to move to Florida to escape the heat !
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Quote:
It's a day for the weather history books. For on July 29, 2009, Sea-Tac Airport hit 103 degrees just after 3:30 p.m. for the hottest day on record in Seattle, with records stretching back to 1891.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/51988007.html

That is crazy!

We are having the hottest summer here too, with the temperature hitting around 108 all days. We are virtually cooking. :?

:microwave:
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Our summer's been pretty mild. Upper 80's most of the time here.

The past few summers have been rough though. We deserve a break :)
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Stop complaining will you. Go on Holiday to Scotland if you don't want to be baking in the heat.

Our summer has been a joke. Been the same for the last 3 years now. Global warming my ass.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are nearing the point where you could fry eggs on your car hood.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love that site! lol

Post Information