seized vehicle used by police force

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would love to be a police officer for the Strathclyde Police Force after seeing this...

BBC News

If the police force in this part of Scotland start to do this then my application form will be in the post instantly :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Randomality
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Bathurst, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the fact that they are using a decent patrol car, even better that they didn't pay for it. =]
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I left the same topic on a Scottish based website and one reply i got was "I dont like how my Taxes are going towards tyres for that" :lol:
  • Randomality
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Bathurst, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nicely put. >_>
With an decent use they would have to buy more tires, but still, it is a free car. I'd pay for the tires if the car was free.
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Excellent idea, why impound the junk and sell it at low cost, instead of reusing it?

They would have to do adjustments of course, putting in the cage, and probably insert a new chip to let the engine top out.. not all vehicles would be usable for regular police vehicles.

But undercover cops, or heck maybe even a bonus for the cops who get the criminal can get their car...
what an incentive!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I kind of like a few of the US police cars, like this one

Cop car with Attitude!
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've heard of cops seizing cars and then using them under cover before, but never turning them into squad cars. It makes sense though, and it would be even better if they skipped the fancy graphics and made it an unmarked police car. Those are always the ones who catch people speeding.....trust me.....
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

To follow up on that "I dont like how my Taxes are going towards tyres for that" comment i found out that a for a Q7 you can get one Pirelli P Zero tyre for £277+VAT. VAT is 17.5% here.

All of a sudden that comment on the other site i quoted lost it's humour :lol:
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it's not a bad idea to reuse vehicles instead of selling them at a lower cost, although I suppose the cost of maintaining them might be a bit expensive.

But you have to compare it to purchasing a whole new vehicle all together and it sounds like not that bad of a trade.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The vehicle is even more significant than was originally thought.

A few months ago there was a very public gangland assassination outside a supermarket in Glasgow. The guy that they killed was the owner of this vehicle.

I found it quite interesting that the media are talking about this so freely. They are even reporting that the gang in which the vehicle was owned by are going to try and fire bomb the vehicle when they can as they don't like the fact the police are using it to fight organised crime.

In a round about way it reminds me a little bit of the movie "The Dark Knight" as it seems the police are publicly going to war with the gangs and seem to be taking advantage of the media while also hitting the gangsters where it really hurts - their pockets.

Lets just hope there are no "Jokers" in Glasgow.
  • SunlightMedia
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

It certainly sends a statement to other criminals about how if we catch you, you're car will be sticker'ed up next. lol

I like it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts