Sell Mobile Pictures on your site if you have photo content

• anders0x
  • Born
  • Born
  • anders0x

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've run a consumer service for around half a year now, branded as http://www.phoneimage.com with good success (we're bigger in phone pictures than Vodafone and T-Mobile despite the ugly yellow site colors).
:shock:

A few days ago we launched a partnering site to get an even quicker take-off curve: Instead of trying to get everyone with a phone to come to PhoneImage, better to partner with the sites where people are anyway going, and get a winning concept for everyone:
http://pixconnector.com
:P

We've got National Geographic on the signup list, but I want to verify the service with a medium-size site before going on that, to make sure any surprises can be handled with reasonable support efforts.

Curious if anyone with a medium-size site and a user base who are positive to new services want to be early out with our partner-concept? If you're interested, sign up on the site and send me an email with the subsite id and I'll set a premium support tag on the account. Any comments / improvement suggestions or other feedback, just post here on the forum.

http://pixconnector.com

Best Regards,
Anders Larsson, M.Sc. M.B.A.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome and thx for the spam
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

:banghead: :gun4: :ak: :snipersmile: :2gunfire: [blur]SPAM[/blur] :biggun:

Welcome aboard as well. Hopefully you aren't the typical one time poster/spammer.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

let's give this a week, then delete it if he doesn't come back :roll:
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

i say give it 48 hours.. or maybe we should just make a rule that says no spam untill you have at least 10 posts or something like that .. hehe im just rattling here.. ignore me..
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

at least, at LEAST, he could have posted others and not just this one.
I hate spam, i'd rather not even deal with it at all and just delete it
every time.
  • anders0x
  • Born
  • Born
  • anders0x

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was hoping to get some level of feedback from other professionals. But maybe I am addressing the wrong forum and wasting my and your time.

When I made a presentation in Stockholm this morning, there were a full auditorium with 300 full seats. Maybe I am not up to par with the culture and politics with this forum, but I think I deserve better than the above comments. I thought, and still think, I provide the largest value by discussing my area of excellence, which is mobile services over Internet. I did not find good existing threads for that.

I have created one of the world's most successful mobile services over GPRS/3G that exists today, in only 9 months, and are now launching a partner concept. Is anyone interested in commenting the content, or is this not the right place to discuss professional Internet business and technology?

I was recommended this forum yesterday. I don't see you performing very well so far, to be honest.

And if I may give an honest advice in return: Do not underestimate your clients. Not everyone are new in business even if they are new on your site.

BR Anders Larsson, M.Sc., M.B.A.
Founder of PhoneImage and PixConnector services
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well there are many talented people here who can give lots of useful feedback. However, when some simply posts a thread that seems like "spam", people aren't going to be too helpful. There are many "one time" posters who simply register to post their "spam".

Trust me, go post this exact same message on practically any related board or forum and you will get a similiar response if its your first post.

If you were a regular poster who posted this same message, everyone may have looked at this differently.
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

well there are always exceptions to the one-post spammer rule, i am man enough to admit when i am wrong. Welcome to our forum, and who ever reccomended you was correct in doing so. im going to re-read your post and provide some input to the best of my ability. shall we start over again?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

anders0x wrote:
And if I may give an honest advice in return: Do not underestimate your clients. Not everyone are new in business even if they are new on your site.

BR Anders Larsson, M.Sc., M.B.A.
Founder of PhoneImage and PixConnector services

Just because someone or some company may not be new to the industry, that doesn't mean they aren't going to be a spammer. Look at all the big named companies who telemarket? When you get a call from a big named company who only calls you to advertise their product, are you going to sit there and listen politely and give them good feedback? If a representative from Microsoft or some other big named company came in here to advertise their product, they would be flamed as well.

Anyway, since you are now on two posts, you might not be that typical spammer, and if that is the case then we are sorry you were "profiled". However, please look at it from our point of view and you might understand.
  • anders0x
  • Born
  • Born
  • anders0x

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand your situation. No problem.

However I am still hoping you would be interested in commenting the actual partinering service, which is why I wrote you. I hope to get a good discussion on that.
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

unfortunately i dont really have a good "customer/user base" to meet your request for an ideal partnership.. sounds like an interesting opportunity however... do you have other partners? are they making any thing doing it? just curious.. \
also i do have a site that gets between 15k - 20k uniques a day, what is your target audience/ market?? business owners? end users? ???
  • anders0x
  • Born
  • Born
  • anders0x

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have a site that gets between 15k - 20k uniques a day, there should be a fair amount of users with a color phone.

Generally, US users are much slower in take-off of mobile services than European and Asian users.
These are the most sold phones last month in Sweden:
1. SONY ERICSSON T68 GPRS
2. SONY ERICSSON T200 GPRS
3. NOKIA 3310
4. NOKIA 5210
5. NOKIA 6310 GPRS
6. NOKIA 3510 GPRS
7. SONY ERICSSON P800 GPRS
8. NOKIA 3410
9. NOKIA 6610 GPRS
10. NOKIA 6510 GPRS

As you can see, 5 out of 10 most sold phones, counted in units, have a color display to meet the requirements. Counted in revenue, the figure is 7 out of 10 phones, which may be more relevant (if you have more money to spend on your phone, you also have more money to spend on services).

Which user base is really up to the partner. Both business and consumers like to download pictures. From my consumer site, I have had 1 million downloaded pictures to phones, and from a user survey I found a quite even match between consumers and those who have their phone paid by their employer.

User base is 16-34 years, and mainly men.

You can try the signup by clicking the "Add your site" bar.

BR Anders

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts