Sell Texas

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

America should sell Texas to Mexico.

1) It would fund the bank bailouts happening at the moment.
2) It would solve a large part of the illegal border crossing issues.
3) Texas considers itself its' own country anyways.

Everyone wins.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hahaha!

Quote:
Dear Mexico,
Remember the 1840's? Most of our population doesn't. The ones who do want to say, we're sorry and we were wrong.

To make things right we're offering a one time sale of Texas. The price is resonable due to some minor damage on the Gulf coast. But, otherwise, it's a real fixer-upper.

Give us a call on our cell and we'll talk price.
The US

//Sorry joebert, I just thought of something. We can't sell Texas after all. http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26827884/
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

Nice letter dM

Quote:
2) It would solve a large part of the illegal border crossing issues.

I think that would only move the border farther. Illegal immigrants would have to travel more, but they won't stop :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

labrego wrote:
I think that would only move the border farther. Illegal immigrants would have to travel more, but they won't stop :D

Here's the kicker.
We don't tell Texas we're selling them & let them continue to patrol that border while we patrol the new border. Texans have no reason to go to other states, they'll never know.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

HAHAH! good one Dr. House! :lol:
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

What does everyone have against Texas? Surely you must have forgiven them for Dubbya by now?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have anything against Texas, I think my mom is from Texas actually. I've just had enough issues with people who just happen to be in or from Texas to make me say alright, enough already ! :lol:
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just throwin this out there, bein a resident of texas and all. Doubt the deal would go through.

Texas is the only state in the union to retain its right to legally secede from the union and fly its own colors.

We also export the most out of any state ($168.2 billion in 2007), control over 70% of natural gas and %35 crude oil prduction and a whopping %65 of beef used in the US.

We also retain rights to many nuclear reserves including Pantex; the primary research, development and storage facility in america.

So, I say go for it! We'll secede; keep all the steaks, gas and nukes; and enjoy the plunder of life! WOOOHOOOOO!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hiya Smokenjoe, long time no see ! :D

So it's Texas who's responsible for $4 gas, Mad Cow desease, nuke-u-lar weapons, and they can just up and leave any time they want ?

Those sound like really good reasons to sell Texas, and not tell them about it ASAP. :lol:
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Smokenjoe wrote:
Texas is the only state in the union to retain its right to legally secede from the union and fly its own colors.

:scratchhead: Legally secede? My understanding was that Texas had the unique right to sub-divide, not secede.

Fly it own colors? Hmmmm, not sure what that means. I don't think there is a state which is flagless.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sub-divide, is that like splitting into multiple states ?

Like North and South Texas ?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's my understanding. However, my understanding is about 14 years old, from a class I took in college, American Military History.

// Ah! http://www.snopes.com/history/american/texas.asp

Quote:
Although the provisions of the Texas Annexation document allowing for the creation of four additional states are popularly regarded as a unique curiosity today, they were largely superfluous. Article IV, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution already specifically provided for the formation of new states through the junction or division of existing states
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha,
nice to be back. Havent logged on here in forever.

As for the $4 gas, blame the inlfation of the US dollar, import taxing and higher shipping rates on overseas transfers, and of course the war.

Mad cow disease: Way overblown and ridiculous. I love steak. Yum. ;)

Nukes: Still don't know whats wrong with em. Helps keep others in check.

As far as secession, I was a little vague. Enjoy this website:

http://www.texassecede.com/Texas%20Sece ... 0Facts.pdf

Note: I will admit this site goes a LITTLE over the top, and I promise you Im not a fanatical Texan who agrees with everything he says. But its an interesting point of view.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awhile back a friend I had in Houston talked me into buying a 5 acre parcel of land in West Texas (totally desert and useless), with the idea of selling it off piece by piece in 1 square foot increments. Idea obviously being "Own your own piece of Texas". I think I made a total of one payment then decided my friend was not quite as insane as I was and I got out of it. For all I know it might still be on my credit report.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts