Sick of school!

• DuffMan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portland, OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm tired of college already, I don't want to go to class ever again!

Did any of you start your own companies or drop out and do something else in order to get out of this horrible system? Whats everyones current status? I'm a sophomore in mechanical engineering at Purdue. Its obnoxious!
  • iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hear ya...I'm in my second year at PSU. Still working on the 'way out' lol..
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

my sister is in her first year of grad school at psu. only four more for her! I am a Junior in highschool, by far the worst school year, but I have received two independent study suggestions/requests today, one for TA'ing a new digital media class, and another to work with the school webpage.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did high school and then a degree in youth work - did that for a while then turned my hand to design - went and got me a business name and made a website, started ringing around for jobs and now I have a successful advertising design company - I dont need to ask around for jobs anymore, they come to me through word of mouth.

I am not too flash when it comes to school... which is why I never went back, everything I know now I taught myself or learnt through asking questions and boards like this..

If you have the determination and drive - you can acheive anything. (and it doesnt necesarily have to cost $$ to get a business started either. Mine started on an outlay of about AU$500 (for domain name & hosting, business cards, business name etc).

Good luck!! :D
  • Kn1ght
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: California - Westminster

Post 3+ Months Ago

school = prison

they got all those supervision (lik cops) around my school :(
  • Kn1ght
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

damn.... my school such the most....because my vice principle is lik gay or something....every morning he would like say "i love u guys" on the annoucement....

2 more year to go and still countin down :cry:
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would never ever recommend to drop out of college, but that's just me.
Your College degree these days is more powerful than you think, although
it's a tad dilluted from what it used to be. Not having it is a bigger
negative than spending the time to get it.

why drop out? why not just transfer or change majors? I did
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok Im with you who are sick of school and with unflux as well,
Im college right now, and believe when I say that to win in college you have to work really hard, sometimes I want to give up... but something always make my mind change,
I want to have a clear future!! be someone smart. if you know what I mean?
  • Kn1ght
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

true...very true :?

u may hate school now but then later on u be watever u want to be in a good way of course :)
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Drop out of college!? Are you crazy!? Employers don't want to hire a person that can't even take the pressure of college. Im currently a senior in high school with my college narrowed down, Im going into pharmacy most likely. I'm going to Notre Dame unless my plans change for an unknown reason. Just stay on the course until u get out, you won't be regret it.
  • Verrone

Post 3+ Months Ago

i finished high school and now i am trying to start web sites that catch on or capture a regular returning crowd. my latest site is for college students and i don't even go.
  • wookey
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

its very easy to let college get to you... let the pressure get you.. its what i kind of did and its made things a little bit awkward as a result : :? i didnt drop out but i didnt do very well, :roll:

try and give it 100%, it can be hard to see at the time but it does pay off, and you will have time to have fun afterwards aswell dont worry,

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts