Simcountry

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has anyone ever come across this website?

The purpose is to be in charge of a country, deal with alot of issues that you would expect as president or whatever you are and basically improve the country over time. The website has been online for years now and despite having seen it years ago i never really gave it alot of my time as it really was a bit full on. You really are dealing with how money is being spent, how you are making money. You increas corporation tax and reduce it plus a million other things. There is endless amounts of information for you to trawl through and there is endless amounts of you can do to improve or expand your country.

I've been working away at it for a few minutes a day for shy of a week now and i am gradually getting the hang of it. If you know roughly the main areas you need to focus on then you will start to make some improvement. There are several different fictional worlds with literally tens of thousands of countries on each world which you can chose from and each and every world is very different in terms of roads, economic power, civilian population plus loads of other things.

If you emjoy stuff like this then give it a go, i am pretty much hooked now. My country has climed from 4000th place to 1600 in about 5-6 days now.

www.simcountry.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's also cybernations. I've being playing that for about a year and than stopped for 25+ days... too bad they delete nations if the 'president' of that nation hasn't returned within 24 days.

I don't think it's so much involved as a nation as simcountry is...
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I remember when i first came across Simnation years ago. I just did not have the patience to learn about it, to understand it nor to give it the time it needed. I know that most who visit the site will just look at it and think "screw that!" mainly because there is alot of info to take in and learn how to use properly.

I kinda love that, i love seeing my country improve and i love the challenge of making it improve somehow.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
II kinda love that, i love seeing my country improve and i love the challenge of making it improve somehow.

This coming from the man that despises Farmville? I'm shocked *lol. Actually there's an online game called Evony ( http://www.evony.com/index.do ) that is a more ancient time version of Sim City / Nation / Country that I enjoy. Similar concept, plus you get to beat up on bad guys.

Personally I've just gotten into WoW. I'm totally hooked. So much so that it replaced poker as my favorite online game.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to play Simcity on Super Nintendo for days at a time. Same with Simcity 3000 on PC. :D

These days I play Battleforge with my neighbor on the weekends, and I play Eve Online on and off for a month or two at a time every few months.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to be hooked playing WoW too, my wife hated that game, although she even played it for awhile too! Its hard to break the addiction, especially when you had a level 70 character. Didn't they raise the limit to level 80 now?

I also played SimCity on the Super Nintendo for days at a time, also played it on the computer. The reason I liked it better on the Nintendo though is because they set goals and when you reached certain criteria (such as population) then you got rewards. It felt like you had a goal with the game. The problem with the computer version is it didn't have any of that for the most part, so I have a hard time playing something if there isn't some sort of endgame you are trying to reach.

I also played EvE for awhile, but didn't like it as much as Earth & Beyond so I really never got into it. The new game I have been watching for is called Jumpgate Evolution:

http://us.jumpgateevolution.com/beta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK8XX2zPYVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYgn8Wq2qcg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8xw1rCM-_s
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm quite a big simulation type game player. I never did quite work out why. Sim City was a favourite of mine and the very first Settlers game i loved also. What about transport tycoon? another fantastic simulation game. I managed to find a site that has the original Transport Tycoon game available for download and currently have it on my PC.

I have been trying to ignore ATO's comment about farmville, but i actually was so irritated by it that i cannot really withold the following comment at the risk of hurting his feelings or any others who play farmville...The difference between farmville and simcountry is you don't need half a brain cell for farmville... There, i did it!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Farmville is fun until it starts to take 20 minutes to harvest all of your trees and your front page is completely filled with Farmville requests.

I've got an old copy of Railroad Tycoon II Platinum on CD. I still like to play it now and then. Check out the system requirements. :lol:

Quote:
* 133 MHz or higher processor
* 16 MB RAM
* 4x CD-ROM drive
* 300 MB free hard disk space
* 800 x 600 capable monitor and video card (1024 x 768 recommended)

The game plays so fast on this computer that I can't use the edge of the screen to scroll without going halfway across the map. I have to use the mini-map and center the screen where I want it from there.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

My country is steadily improving. I am very close to getting to level two, which would allow me to do more things. My population has increased by 1 million and my finances are amazingly good right now with no sign of that changing despite spending milliions on new corporations and roads.

Sitting in the 700 and something place in rankings. I'm hooked!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I reckon by the end of today my country will be in the top 300 from the planet i am in. There is about 3000 in this planet, so quite an achievement.
  • Randomality
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Bathurst, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a little more than +1σ, what are you up to now?
  • aja72
  • aja72

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for this great sharing. I think many persons they don't know about this site like me.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts