Site thumbs

• Willy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Willy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a spam mail from a link site today, They had a thumbnail of my site which was pretty neat...

I was wondering if anyone has seen / has a script that can do this?? Run thru a queue of sites and snap thumbs of the pages.

:idea: :?:
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen a few of those emails. I would be interested in a similar script also. They are pretty neat.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes ive seen them and they are annoying. they put your website name in the subject of the email so you think its a legitimate email and its just another invasive spam mail... :roll:
  • Willy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Willy

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as spam mail goes, the worst i've ever seen is these actually US post mails that i get from Domain Registry of America.....

its like a swindle to get you to sign something over to their hosting service where you get charged 3x the regular price...

Its ungodly retarted, But it obviously is costing them $$ to send out (letterhead, postage)... whereas a email spammer has relatively no cost (bandwith)

So obviously they are getting some scam revenue somewehre....

I wish there was a site where i could read about the ultimate fate of these types of companies... To satiate my deep inner cruelty and lust for petty revenge.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Willy wrote:
I wish there was a site where i could read about the ultimate fate of these types of companies... To satiate my deep inner cruelty and lust for petty revenge.

Yes there is.... one of my favourite websites... (Pud rocks my world, and his book is pretty dang funny too)
http://www.*peach*.com (scuse the language but that what its called)
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's probbly also a breach of copyright - copyinging an image of someone's entire site probably isn't legal now is it?
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

DMOZ has a directory that include pics of the page.
http://open.thumbshots.org
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont know about you guys, but i have gotten some spam mails that come from my server email telling me about my webpage. LOL if that made any sense. Basically they are supposed to be from me to me and if you click on it, it lets a virus into your server itself. I have gotten 5 of these so far. Talking about spam mail and your website I though you guys would like to know.
  • Willy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Willy

Post 3+ Months Ago

eCommando wrote:
DMOZ has a directory that include pics of the page.
http://open.thumbshots.org

Damn.... htats really sweet, It looks like the images are made on the fly thru that image.pmx program, that takes in the url as a parameter ....

i would LOVE to find that script somewhere for free... Think there its freeware?
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is still probably copyright issues - Dmoz probably have a discalimer, remember that you do have to submit to dmoz, they don't just come and screenshot your site without asking.

They are also advertising for you for free. I would be pissed if someone screen shot my site and used it to advertise themselves

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts