Skype yahoo messenger help?

• Todd Charske
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Todd Charske
  • Loc: Todd Charske - Sales

Post 3+ Months Ago

I travel a lot with my job and I'm trying to figure out a way to video conference with them. They have a mac at home and I have a PC and it seems like the video part only works from them to me not the other way. (i.e. works mac to pc not pc to mac.) Is there something to do. All I've tried is yahoo messenger because I looked at skype and it looked like it was charging for the service. The video button shows as not being an "active" link when I try to push it.

Thanks,

Todd Charske
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Calling skype to skype is 100% free. They only charge if you call skype to landline.

It sounds like this is a technical issue on your part, I take it the camera is definitely working on your machine? The software that came with the camera is a good way to test this out. Alternatively if you decide to give Skype a go then you'll find the camera set up to be very easy and you'll have a better idea on what is causing the issue. I've never really used yahoo messenger for video conferencing, so it may be more simple to use than I think.
  • navidimran
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • navidimran

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can make PC to PC/cellphone calls via SKYPE at free of cost. It's only going to charge you if you make landline calls.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts