Snow Storm

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Orajames wrote:
Should'a planned a trip to Florida, hear it's nice down their.

My boss is stuck in Florida because he can't get a flight back into Pittsburgh. Downright shame that is.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I spent the weekend with my girlfriend in Ohio which is where the other pics are from. This is what I found at my place when I got home last night.
Attachments:
100_1468.jpg
Attachments:
100_1469.jpg
Attachments:
100_1470.jpg
Attachments:
100_1471.jpg
Attachments:
100_1472.jpg
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

WHOA. Do you have FOUR smokers??
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol No. The other 3 green ones are trash cans that I believe are frozen to the patio
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the pictures of your patio table. The same thing happens on top of fence posts around here. That means there was no wind during your snow storm because the snow would blow off and not make that big tall column.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
I like the pictures of your patio table. The same thing happens on top of fence posts around here. That means there was no wind during your snow storm because the snow would blow off and not make that big tall column.

To be honest, i am trying to convince myself he doesn't have a car wheel on that table or something. I don't think i've seen snow like that for a very long time, i'd love it if we could have that here.

I'd also choose to live somewhere where there is alot of snowfall at winter. I love it when it arrives, but when it goes it always frustrates me. I especially love the chaos it brings to the UK and how, despite the fact we always get snow at winter, the authorities are never ready for it.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
To be honest, i am trying to convince myself he doesn't have a car wheel on that table or something.

I'm actually working on making the world's largest powdered sugar donut.

We had another 6 inches of that crap over night, and it's still coming down. And I'd be happy to send all of this over there to you craig.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

A friend of mine in Virginia just posted this at Facebook. Had to share it
Attachments:
lynched.jpg
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

How can people not like snow? I can understand that it is bad when your power goes out and stuff (was without power for 6 days in Nebraska after an ice storm), but getting off work because roads are closed and stuff like that is always good. I bet every single kid in town is outside making happy snowmen at this very moment.
  • Orajames
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: PA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love when it snows, if it wasn't cold outside because of the snow, I'd love it even more! School was actually canceled for today at DCI, so I only have 2 days before my test. No big deal, but I will object to snow plows doing their job on roads that have houses on both sides... They seem to plow us in every time. I'm going to play with Fedora 12 in VMWare though, get some troubleshooting done, and spend the day sipping coffee.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its too bad unimogs are so expensive, because a unimog with a snow blower attachment sounds like it is what your neighborhood needs instead of a plow. Unimogs are freaking awesome.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
SB wrote:
To be honest, i am trying to convince myself he doesn't have a car wheel on that table or something.

I'm actually working on making the world's largest powdered sugar donut.

We had another 6 inches of that crap over night, and it's still coming down. And I'd be happy to send all of this over there to you craig.

I'd love that. I doubt i will see that kind of snow in Edinburgh though, it is more likely to fall closer to my parents home 150 miles north of here. They seemed to get it worse last month when the UK was going through a big cold snap.

I used to always look at the weather in the east coast of the USA as it often was a sign of how things might be here within the next few days. If you had snow then it would reach the UK a day or two later. So far though we've only had small snowfalls since this recent snowfall you are having Mark. I did hear there was more predicted, but i am not expecting anything quite as bad as what we got last month which is nothing near what you are getting at the moment.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Weather is a weird thing. The town I work in is called Noxon, and just 10 miles north west is another tiny town called Heron. In Heron they regularly get dumped on with snow when nobody else within a couple miles gets nothing. Last weekend me and my wife were driving around looking for houses for sale and they have about a foot on the ground, but just a few miles down the highway is nothing.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma I totally love and agree with your sig. That's one of the best.

And yeah weather is a weird thing. I was talking to a rep in Chicago before I left work and he was "bragging" about his 10". I was like, dude we are nearly over 30 and still going at the moment. That's a rarity that Chicago would have less snow than us. You should see all the pics my friends have been posting at facebook. Honestly the last time I saw this much snow was in 1978 when I was in College in the middle of the snow belt in PA at Clarion.

I can still recall when it started. It was about 10pm. about half the guys in my freshman dorm went out to play football in it. By 3AM the snow was to our hips. That was about the most fun I ever had in one night of snow.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
How can people not like snow? I can understand that it is bad when your power goes out and stuff (was without power for 6 days in Nebraska after an ice storm), but getting off work because roads are closed and stuff like that is always good. I bet every single kid in town is outside making happy snowmen at this very moment.

We got 52 inches total from these two storms. The snow is too deep for my kids to really enjoy it. I actually go nuts not being at work so all this time off work has actually made me a tad crazy. It was near impossible to leave the house until yesterday due to the horrible state of our roads. I have hated it.

Attachments:
Snowmageddon 2010 007.jpg

My house from end of driveway

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
We got 52 inches total from these two storms. The snow is too deep for my kids to really enjoy it. I actually go nuts not being at work so all this time off work has actually made me a tad crazy. It was near impossible to leave the house until yesterday due to the horrible state of our roads. I have hated it.

Call me crazy, but I think it is kind of fun putting on coveralls and going out and digging in the snow to get to the car or whatever. Thats a bad thing when you sit in an office staring at a monitor for so many hours that back breaking manual labor is something to look forward to.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's windy as all hell here in Colorado. Weather said we'd get a measly 1 inch of snow. With all this bitter cold wind, I actually kind of wish we would have gotten some snow with it.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to move to America someday. You seem to get better winters than what we get here. We had about 3 weeks of bad snowy type winter this year, which is much more than usual. I doubt it will be back again until next winter.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here in SC, we actually had a REAL snow with accumulation. It's funny, it's so rare that whenever that happens, everyone takes pictures of their home, their family and their pets. :)

Attachments:
DSC_0107.jpg

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 79 posts