someone hacked my email....

• shruti_4_eva
  • shruti_4_eva

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys :D

i am new in this forum. i just wanna to say hi to you all !!! well......i also have a question to ask, if u guys can help me. someone hacked my e.mail account....is it possible to know who did it and from which computer??? is there any way to know this?
bye
P.S : i am waiting for ur replies. please send me an e.mail if u knw the answer.[/b]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is your email with a 3rd party like hotmail? or through your own server or what? If they hacked your email they probably know your password, and you should change it.
  • shruti_4_eva
  • shruti_4_eva

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have yahoo i.d. isn't there any way yahoo server find out who did this? someone changed my password.....so, i can't sign in.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Explain what happened. They can reset your password and email it to you to the original email on your account (assuming whomever hacked it didn't update the original email addy). I had this same problem with another service once and they were very co-operative and helpful and did resolve it, although it did take several days.

But I would suggest being a bit more specific to them as to why you think your email was hacked. Chances are they will assume you just forgot your password unless you give them legitimate reasons to the contrary.

And (take this with a grain of salt) if you think you were "hacked" by someone you know, be a bit more careful about your passwords in the future. A "friend" looking over your shoulder can easily watch what you type.
  • guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds like a friend playing a trick or something...how do you know it was hacked? the easiest way to get into an email account is to know the password and username so i'd start there...who knows your email username and password? its probably someone you know...if not then I'd suggest getting in contact with yahoo...they can track IP addresses and such so they may be able to help
  • shruti_4_eva
  • shruti_4_eva

Post 3+ Months Ago

you are right guys. but i didn't tell anyone... what my password is. well......i am not sure who did this. i am thinking.....to contact yahoo about this....can u tell me on which address i can send an e.mail to yahoo???
thanks guys, u r being very helpfull...i really appreciate this.
  • shruti_4_eva
  • shruti_4_eva

Post 3+ Months Ago

i know that someone hacked my e.mail coz last week someone deleted all of my mails......i became suspecious and then after couple of days....someone changed my password.
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Liverpool - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

im not posting a way to find out who did hack you account.. but im posting on how you can stop people hacking your account.
first of all, you always wanna put at least one number in your password, and dont put a common password like g0d, or l0ve .. because these are popular, i think its best to use a phrase, or somethin out of the ordinary. the reason you should do this, is because when someone hacks your account, they use a brute force which trys numerous amount of passwords a second.. but it will only search for common words, such as someones first name etc.
Soooo.. by using a number + not-so-known-word (so to speak) i can almost guarantee you wont be hacked.. unless of course your friend is looking over your shoulder :wink:
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

shruti_4_eva wrote:
i know that someone hacked my e.mail coz last week someone deleted all of my mails......i became suspecious and then after couple of days....someone changed my password.

You should have changed the password then and there.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/privacy/cgi_feedback
  • guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could also call (although it may be more expensive) (408) 349-3300 you may get it taken care quicker and more efficiently.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry for the hacking, it happen to me too...
but just keep bitching and they will change it back. try to rember what was there (in your mail box) just tell them that tell them that and some more info. good luck
  • shruti_4_eva
  • shruti_4_eva

Post 3+ Months Ago

i send an e.mail to yahoo yesterday. i hope they will help me......i am still waiting for their reply. by the way...thanks for your replies guys. you really helped me alot.
  • shruti_4_eva
  • shruti_4_eva

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a gr8 news......guess what??????......they send me a new password, isn't it great?
  • shruti_4_eva
  • shruti_4_eva

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a gr8 news......guess what??????......they send me a new password, isn't it great? :D :lol: :lol: :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts