Sorry Mozilla, it's been good, but I'm switching to Chrome

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

For all of you Firefox fans who've yet to peek over the fence, I suggest you try Chrome out on your home box or where ever best serves your general browsing needs. I've grown tired of FF's memory-chomping ways and losing browser instances to a tab crash, so I installed Chrome and made myself use it for a week for all of my general surfing purposes. So why would I switch?

- I've recovered all that space back from title bars, tool bars, search bars, status bars, etc.
- I can easily toggle my Bookmarks toolbar for quick access to my regular spots. Render time and script speeds are up.
- Extensions are being ported over frequently, so most all the major ones I need are available.
- Most of the hot keys and behaviors that I'm used to in FF are also built into Chrome.
- (Long-term) I'll be ready to swap to a Chromium OS net book when the day comes without all the awkwardness of change hitting me at once

I have to say that I use Chrome now for all occasions except for those times when I need a very specific FF plugin that hasn't yet been ported over.
  • shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

-I actually made the switch over from firefox to chrome about a month ago as well. I was noticing it crashing much more often and just not working as quick as I wanted it too. So far chrome hasn't crashed and actually seems to be a quicker browser for my computer.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Exact same story with me thus far. It's been a wise move.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts