Spider on your Eyeball

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I already dislike spiders for the most part, I spray twice a year to keep them out of the house, and out of every insect that is probably the one I least like.

Tonight I was running with my wife, like we do every night, and on the way back while running on the sidewalk I ran through something that felt like a small spiderweb, but most noticeably it felt like something got in my eye. I was almost home, only had a few blocks left to go, and my eyeball really started to burn. As soon as I went inside I went into the bathroom and saw something on my eyeball in the corner. I saw like a white ball with a little bit of black around it. Took me about five minutes to get it out and it seemed like it was grabbing onto it as it would not budge. Finally I was able to get it lose and got it out by my eyelash. Put it on my finger and looked more closely and it was small, but not too small, spider. I am not sure if my eyeball is still stinging simply because it was irritated, or if the spider bit my eyeball.

Anyway, if I knew this was going to happen tonight I would have probably skipped running tonight. This picture describes how I feel:

Attachments:
spider-eye.jpg
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

This sounds like a good reason to look into getting some glasses to wear while you run. I guess sunglasses are out since you run at night. I was thinking clear safety glasses like something I used to wear while painting would work, but there's got to be something a little more, stylish. :D
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or carry a spray can and a lighter where ever you go to blast the little bastards!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
Or carry a spray can and a lighter where ever you go to blast the little bastards!

Haha, we used to do that at a house I rented with some friends during college. We'd fill a spray bottle with isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) and torch whatever insects were dumb enough to come inside. :D
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to be petrified of Spiders even though in my country we don't get really big ones nor do we have any poisonous. I think my fear started after watching the Arachnophobia movie years ago when i was quite young.

There was the one night i was about to go to bed and one of the bigger spiders (about 1.5cm width from leg to leg) was sitting on the wall near where my pillow was. I saw it and i honestly wasn't going to bed until it was gone. If i hit it with a magazine or something there was a chance i would just stun it and then it would fall onto my pillow and run under the cover...i was honestly that petrified of them.

In September 2007 i flew to Australia. I was actually not looking forward to seeing any of the spiders they have as there are many types of tarantulas there. I was fortunate not to see any tarantulas until about a month or so after i first went to Australia, by this point i was made aware that Tarantulas cannot harm you, it is the smaller ones i have to look out for. When i saw my first tarantula i was more amused by it than frightened. Only one time did i get a fright and that was when i was sitting in the back of my car clearing it out before selling it and there was one standing right next to me.

Since moving back here though if i see a spider i don't think twice about doing something with it. In my current place of residence i've seen many large spiders, some of the biggest i've seen in Scotland, and not one of them has concerned me.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

If one of the spiders were in your eyeball, would it concern you? ;)
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the situation was like yours and I was still receiving an irritation on the eye then I would be more concerned with that.

I've had random stuff on my eye, never bothered checking what it is as usually by blinking it will go away. Your situation sounds a bit different though.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know, I think I just figured out why one of the local car dealers always wears swimming goggles in his commercials. I always thought they were his beer-goggles-of-finance, until now.
  • Gosan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Jupiter, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
I always thought they were his beer-goggles-of-finance, until now.

:lol:

I would of flipped out and I had a spider on my eye. It's a good thing you didn't know it was a spider until it was already off your eyeball. I'm not afraid of spiders, but if I had one on my eye I don't know what I would do (probably cause damage to my eye trying to get it off).

That's a really crazy story. I better be careful when I go running. I might have to go buy some of those beer-goggles-of-finance :lol:
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I didn't know it was a spider until I went in the house and looked in the mirror. I actually had ran past the house and checked the mail and everything first. If I knew it was a spider I am sure I would have went straight home. Once I saw it in the mirror and realized what I thought it was that freaked me out more and I felt like I really needed to get it out. Then when it seemed to be latched on that even made things worse, LOL. I just hope to never have to go through that again. My eye burned for around 2 days after that happened.
  • Steve-Hostirian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: St. Louis MO 63146

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow. My daughter is scared to death of spiders. Can't imagine what she would have done. I'm forever walking through spider webs outside, and always wonder if that darn spider is on me somewhere.
  • chiwawa
  • chiwawa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate spiders so much that each time i see it i chase it until i kill it even if it isn't disturbing me.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts