Stockholm

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

On Friday i fly out to Stockholm, Sweden for a weekend break. Earlier on today i was looking at accommodation websites to see what i can find for a reasonable price (in a very expensive city) with either close proximity to the city centre or the cities Arlanda airport.

Half asleep i stumbled across a place which had many sites giving it 4 out of 5 stars based on a large number of reviews. I didn't want to lose out on the room that i had tried to book, so i quickly went ahead and paid for it. A few things happened and i ended up leaving the iPad and going away for a few hours. When i logged back onto my computer i saw that i had a confirmation email in my account, it was then that i checked out where i'll be staying for a couple of nights...

Accommodation in Stockholm

:lol:

I'm looking forward to that.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seams like your packed and ready to go?
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to Sweden.

One site I do reccomend if you intend to travel around some is sl.se, click on the top right and you can get the site in english. Its useful when(if) you want to go somewhere using the buss or the subway. It basically helps tell you where to get on and where to jump off (and possible where you should switch transportation). You need a SL card to get full use of the subway or buss tho. I don't know how long you intend to stay but a 73 hour ticket costs like: 230 kr, and a 7-day ticket is like: 300 kr. There is also the option to buy a "use this many time" not limited to a time frame stuff and just pay for this travel and so on. If you get lost somewhere and want back you should be looking for subways that passes through "T-centralen" (usually the end destination is something else), this is the most central subway and all stations that I know of has some options to take you there.

If you live in Arlanda however you may have to buy specific tickets to get from there and can't just relay on a SL card (personally I think that is crap).

If you have some questions about some place or something, maybe I can help. Or maybe not, I have not lived in Stockholm that long... xD
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the advice WritingBadCode.

I'd already read about the 230kr-300kr ticket, but i understood that to be for the Subway system (which i believe is pretty small in Stockholm). I think i read somewhere that it woulc cost about 180kr for a return bus fare from Arlanda to the city centre, so i may just do that. I am only in Stockholm for a couple of days.

I'm actually going to visit a friend, and the accommodation i linked above was a back up in the event that she has nowhere for me to stay. She told me months ago that i could stay with her, but i've not heard about it much since so i'd rather just have a backup so i'm not spending my first day walking around looking for somewhere to stay. This place only wanted a 100kr deposit.

Once again, i really appreciate the advice. I fly out early friday morning, so i am understandably looking forward to it. It's just a pity the weather isn't looking promising for next weekend, but as it has been raining here for about 2 months in a row i am not as bothered about it as i thought i would be.
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well no problem. :)
  • Mistletoe
  • Mistletoe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I haven't been to Stockholm, but I've been to Malmo and travelled through whole Skone region. Sweden is a very beautiful, but it's totally not in the list of cheap countries.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, i agree. Not a cheap country.

Very stunning country. I spent too little time there though. I'll most definitely go back within next few years.
  • sergeyL
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sergeyL

Post 3+ Months Ago

once i was in this city and i really loved it but the prices are enormous as they are really high and even cloudy!!!!!but in everythinh especially nature it is cool. i hopy that you, SB liked it)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts